Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

35 minutes ago, Robert Goyer said:

Can anybody tell me how I can remove the rain from the outside of my electric windows.Whenever I try to to clear them it is like the rubber strip misses the glass altogether.Tanks to all.

I think you'll find most Lexus cars are like this, mine is and so was my GS.  

I am not sure what you mean, is that when you lower the window the water drops on the window are not being removed by a rubber seal at the bottom?

I noticed that too on my GS, I was as bit jealous that ma wife's car Citroen and now current BMW do clear windows much better while lowering and raising the windows.

19 hours ago, Vlady said:

I am not sure what you mean, is that when you lower the window the water drops on the window are not being removed by a rubber seal at the bottom?

I noticed that too on my GS, I was as bit jealous that ma wife's car Citroen and now current BMW do clear windows much better while lowering and raising the windows.

Dead right first time.It's a real pain when you come to a junction or crossroads

• Like 1

What I usually do though, I have an old wiper that I keep inside the car and before every journey, if the car is wet, I wipe windows using this old wiper. Tbh I have a bit of OCD with dirty windows too so wiper is a must for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robert Goyer said:

Dead right first time.It's a real pain when you come to a junction or crossroads

If you're willing to lower the window to clear the water at a junction, why not just check for oncoming traffic while the window is lowered ?

My side windows don't clear either, but like Vlad I use a squeegee to clear the glass before setting off.

• Like 1

My RC has a factory applied water repellent coating to the side windows and they clear very quickly as the car moves off.

I'm sure the same could be achieved by using something like Rain X ?

https://www.rainx.co.uk/rain-x-products/rain-x-rain-repellent/

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

My RC has a factory applied water repellent coating to the side windows and they clear very quickly as the car moves off.

I'm sure the same could be achieved by using something like Rain X ?

https://www.rainx.co.uk/rain-x-products/rain-x-rain-repellent/

I was going to suggest RainX, you got there before me!

2 hours ago, Robert Goyer said:

Thanks everybody for your comments. Next step I'll try Rain X.

Rain X is good but it only works at higher speeds (40mph and above) , like motorway speeds. In town, I didn't notice it does anything.

Just now, Vlady said:

Rain X is good but it only works at higher speeds (40mph and above) , like motorway speeds. In town, I didn't notice it does anything.

I still use it though.

• Like 1