Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF TE 'Hakuji'

20 hours ago, Linas.P said:

The only cool things about it is 1 of 1 ... so it apparently is unique.

But... ugly wheels, ugly wing... and the rest pretty much same car as any other RC-F

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the Lexus forum 😆

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Arnett said:

I'm rather fond of the track edition RCF and that white variant is stunning. 

Yeah though that price. Would rather the LC 🤷

I like that they tried, I don't think it is 'that' special but if money was no problem I'd have one (alongside an LFA 😛)

I think the white shows the cars lines best and contrasts the carbon, satin finish is different, wonder if it's a pain to maintain, matt paint put me off the Abarth Biposto and I ended up getting the Yellow Record!

• Like 1

I totally agree hockey.

It is easy to forgot but just 12 years there was no such thing as an F range.

If we want to compare a £120,000 M4 GTS against this white RCF thingy as a like for like then fair enough but BMW had their M range well underway before Lexus even existed. Lexus have come far since 2008 and the models are priced so much more competitive than the German range. Considering that the F range was born in the heat of a global recession I think that Lexus has come far with their F range, unfortunately they just haven't achieved their numbers in the UK.

Maybe I will get shot down for this, but just like Astons and such like, the F range is much better suited to the USA, middle east and Asian market. My statement is based upon evidence of relative sales evidence.

I recall the Aston Martin 70th birthday celebrations in 2017/2018 - us UK Aston owners watched Aston Martin Singapore and China fly a Vanquish in mid air via a helicopter, it made headlines. But yet, in the UK, we received an email newsletter. British band, pffft.

No such market in the UK to warrant costs of a celebration of that magnitude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

maybe... but it doesn't make the car with 4 spare wheels look any better.

Did I hear a”spare wheel” I would love a spare wheel yes please!!!!. Oh while on a wish list aGSF 4x4 would be fantastic 🤞🤞

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Did I hear a”spare wheel” I would love a spare wheel yes please!!!!. Oh while on a wish list aGSF 4x4 would be fantastic 🤞🤞

Yes... indeed. I made this comment before. The only thing you need is for somebody to buy this "hakuji" edition and soon there will be 4-spare wheels for sale.

I have no idea how Lexus came-up with this ugly wheels design... although looking at LC... maybe it is not out of ordinary for them to have questionable wheel designs actually. 

I think the exhaust tips should have been a bit bigger so that the muffler doesn't show as much or the muffler could have been coated in black.

Sometimes alloy wheels appear dull in pictures, it could be one of those instances.

11 hours ago, mr2lad said:

Jeesus...big hooha on these wheels, there better than the crap that are OEM on other OEM RC Fs

It is always going to be personal opinion, but OEM are million times better for me than these ugly pare wheels. The only benefit I can see having these wheels is that you don't need to bother destroying them and they are easier to clean as well. But they are ugly... almost looks like somebody put some cheap aftermarket wheels on it.

I really like it, if I wanted subtle I’d go back to an ISF. It’s like a grown up version of my white carbon.. but maybe I’m getting old and don’t understand car styling these days. 

I think it looks awesome!

A lot of the feedback here is around features that make it track worthy. Perhaps we don't like some of those items because we will never go on track with it?

If I had money to store track editions in my garage for private track days here and there, this would def be in that garage! That's not to say I wouldn't drive it to the shops though, I would lol.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 1:10 AM, Gsf grey solihull said:

Oh mate ! A proper bloody F 4x4 would be brilliant. That would be my daily. 😂

I love how special the Track Edition is, the carbon work is quite unlike any I have ever seen before. It’s stunning. 

However, having driven both the vanilla RCF and the TE back to back, on a track; I couldn’t tell the difference between them. 

Wouldn’t stop me buying one though! 

• 4 months later...

Just dropped my RCF into CreativeFX in Bromley, Kent.

They are tinting my rear lights (clear sections).

The guy doing the work (Tom) said they have strong ties with Lexus UK and he personally did the PPF on this car!

Said he has also had an LFA in from Lexus for PPF too.

Looking forward to picking mine up later 🙂

I guess if you like the RCf a lot and would want it for it's rarity fair enough. I'm still of the opinion they are a waste of money and if you have trackday leanings you would be far better off buying a decent secondhand RCF and a proper trackday car for far less than the cost of this.

Just another very important note about Carbon Ceramic Discs on track cars. I had a Porsche with Carbon Ceramic Discs and on track they were brilliant, speaking as someone who regularly boiled the brakes in my RX7 on track the Carbon Ceramics were brilliant. No fade, braked later and much harder but never any boiling either.

But and it's a big but, if by any chance you overdid it on a bend and landed up in the kitty litter you could destroy your Carbon Ceramic discs because they are susceptible to any sort of knock. That's why you get extended wheel lugs so the garage can remove the wheel without knocking the fragile discs. The cost of replacement will make you cry too, although they last forever on a road car and no brake dust either!