Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bubbling noise from exhaust

Hey guys. 

I recently bought an Is300h from the dealership. Used. Had it for about a month now and from the exhaust on idle it makes a weird bubbling noise. I have taken back to the dealership and they have given to me in writing that nothing is wrong and they have thoroughly inspected it and this is normal exhaust noise. I am not sure however. The car drives perfectly fine and nothing wrong with it I just dont like the sound of it. Could anyone clarify this for me please?

It definately does not sound like that😭. Its on 66k miles at the moment. I bought it a month ago and Lexus have said they have done all the checks and cannot find anything wrong with it. Dont know what to do tbh

They emptied the exhaust and found a little bit of water. Done it twice as I took it back there to them. They then said couldnt find any other issues and deemed it as safe and normal. Nothing to worry about, Have now given it in writing that this is ‘ normal exhaust noise’ and to not worry.

That really doesn't sound normal to me. Have you taken it on a big run, get it really hot? And when the engine is running, does the exhaust steam?

I'd be tempted to take it to another Lexus dealer or take the issue up with Lexus UK. You bought a car from a dealer, it should be mint. 

what dealer have you used to be given an incorrect diagnosis

i feel its a fob off as the rear box wont be cheap to replace

and maybe they dont want to have to pay for it

go to en exhaust centre and get a report from them

with a cost to have it replaced then send a copy of the

report & repair bill to the centre & group manager & lexus Uk

letting them know if they dont repair it you'll get it repaired and forward the bill to them

• Like 3

I bought it from Lexus Guildford. Ive taken it back there twice now and they have done the same thing. Emptied the exhaust and said there is nothing we can find. I have also taken it to Lexus Edgware Road and they have also said the same thing. I should probably contact Lexus UK. Does anyone know who I have to contact if I want to speak on the issue? and also the exhaust place? Know any around the London area?  Thanks all for the help. I have only had the car for about 1.5 months im sure they have to cover all costs as its basically new from them

there you go Gan they know there is an issue as they keep draining the exhaust,

in all the years of driving i have never had to drain an exhaust, they need to find

the root cause of the moisture as this is NOT normal ,in 7 years i have had 4 lexus

cars and never had an issue like this.

TAKE IT BACK AND DONT ACCEPT ITS NORMAL

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Guys thanks all for the feedback. I called Lexus UK and they told me it doesnt sound right, so they called the branch i bought it from and have advised them to relook at it. They said they found corrosion in tailpipe and needed replacing. They replaced for free of charge, Now I have got the car back and am still paranoid haha does this sound normal now?

Any feedback appreciated thanks

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gan said:

I called Lexus UK and they told me it doesnt sound right, so they called the branch i bought it from and have advised them to relook at it. They said they found corrosion in tailpipe and needed replacing. They replaced for free of charge,

Well done for persevering, glad you got there in the end

• Like 1

Yep, sounds about right... cold 4 banger on the other end. It would be interesting to know if getting it up to temp smoothens the sound further. 

After watching first video I was amazed Lexus dealer fobbed you off, it was so clearly wrong... as well I never heard of procedure "emptied the water from exhaust". This is the new one!

• Like 1