Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Hi all, I don't yet own a Lexus but I'm planning on buying a CT200h later in the year, a 2014 or later model if possible maybe a F-Sport or just a Sport or a Premier but one with as many bells and whistles as money will allow.  I did have one question which has already been answered so know I'm in good company.

I'll be going through the topics to glean as much info as possible and no doubt asking more questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2021 at 6:18 PM, Emgee44 said:

Hi all, I don't yet own a Lexus but I'm planning on buying a CT200h later in the year, a 2014 or later model if possible maybe a F-Sport or just a Sport or a Premier but one with as many bells and whistles as money will allow.  I did have one question which has already been answered so know I'm in good company.

I'll be going through the topics to glean as much info as possible and no doubt asking more questions.

Welcome Michael good folks on here at the LOC will help you where possible. What made you plan to choose a CT.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome! Agree with John, tell us a bit more why Lexus? keep us updated on how it goes!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi John, Brent and Vlad.

Apologise for the late reply, I hadn't received any email notifications, I've now checked my notifications options and made the appropriate changes so hopefully that'll fix that.

Yes, fair question, I guess?

My current car is the very exciting Golf MK6 1.6D Match, finished in the equally exciting grey! So, blends in with all the other grey boxes on the road, but that being said has been a very reliable and comfortable car for the last five years, so why would did I buy it? Well long story short, I was living in Hampshire at the time, just outside Southampton and was very happy with my Audi TT MKII, TFSI but changes in circumstances meant moving back home to London, so needed a sensible car, hence the Golf.

So why am I now looking to change?

Well, it's not necessarily by choice, it's the ULEZ which is coming in later this year and my car isn't ULEZ compliant. However, I long made the decision that my next car was going to be a hybrid of some kind, and having looked at various options:  GOLF GTE, Mitsubishi Outlander, Toyota Prius and a Toyota Auris it became clear that the obvious choice was going to be a Lexus. 

The thing that stood out having read numerous reviews and comments in countless YouTube videos was the reliability, and given that there are countless Priuses -which as you know uses the same running gear - used as minicabs all over the world, it's fair to say the technology was well proven. Not only that but Lexus after sales service and of course the fit and finish of their cars were just some of the main standout points. 

But why the CT200h?

I'm a practical minded person by nature and although the IS300h is a handsome looking car, it's a got a boot, so not for me, the last car I owned that had a boot was MK5 Cortina (yeah, I'm that old). If Lexus made an IS300h with a hatch I'd be all over it! No, I like the look of the CT200h, sure it's a little quirky (rear door shut lines) but that's part of its charm, there's nothing else quite like it on the road. It's been catching my eye over the last year or so while driving around London, especially the later models with the revised grill, so maybe subconsciously it was inevitable? Coincidently two colleagues at work have recently purchased one; One a Sport and the other an Advance model. I've sat in the Sport but not as yet been out for a ride or taken it for a spin, but was impressed with the layout and finish. 

I'm leaning toward the F-Sport, I read that the rear lateral dampers improve the ride and I like that mesh grill. I'll need to take one for a test ride first though, failing that then maybe the Sport or the Premier?

Well, that's me, I'll be sure you keep you all posted on my progress.

Mike

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Emgee44 said:

Hi John, Brent and Vlad.

Apologise for the late reply, I hadn't received any email notifications, I've now checked my notifications options and made the appropriate changes so hopefully that'll fix that.

Yes, fair question, I guess?

My current car is the very exciting Golf MK6 1.6D Match, finished in the equally exciting grey! So, blends in with all the other grey boxes on the road, but that being said has been a very reliable and comfortable car for the last five years, so why would did I buy it? Well long story short, I was living in Hampshire at the time, just outside Southampton and was very happy with my Audi TT MKII, TFSI but changes in circumstances meant moving back home to London, so needed a sensible car, hence the Golf.

So why am I now looking to change?

Well, it's not necessarily by choice, it's the ULEZ which is coming in later this year and my car isn't ULEZ compliant. However, I long made the decision that my next car was going to be a hybrid of some kind, and having looked at various options:  GOLF GTE, Mitsubishi Outlander, Toyota Prius and a Toyota Auris it became clear that the obvious choice was going to be a Lexus. 

The thing that stood out having read numerous reviews and comments in countless YouTube videos was the reliability, and given that there are countless Priuses -which as you know uses the same running gear - used as minicabs all over the world, it's fair to say the technology was well proven. Not only that but Lexus after sales service and of course the fit and finish of their cars were just some of the main standout points. 

But why the CT200h?

I'm a practical minded person by nature and although the IS300h is a handsome looking car, it's a got a boot, so not for me, the last car I owned that had a boot was MK5 Cortina (yeah, I'm that old). If Lexus made an IS300h with a hatch I'd be all over it! No, I like the look of the CT200h, sure it's a little quirky (rear door shut lines) but that's part of its charm, there's nothing else quite like it on the road. It's been catching my eye over the last year or so while driving around London, especially the later models with the revised grill, so maybe subconsciously it was inevitable? Coincidently two colleagues at work have recently purchased one; One a Sport and the other an Advance model. I've sat in the Sport but not as yet been out for a ride or taken it for a spin, but was impressed with the layout and finish. 

I'm leaning toward the F-Sport, I read that the rear lateral dampers improve the ride and I like that mesh grill. I'll need to take one for a test ride first though, failing that then maybe the Sport or the Premier?

Well, that's me, I'll be sure you keep you all posted on my progress.

Mike

 

 

Many thanks Mike. ULEZ is leading many people to Lexus and as you may well know it is somewhat of a different beast to other cars. If you haven`t done so you must drive one soonest. The E-cvt is like no other automatic transmission and is extremely reliable indeed. The CT is not a Sports Car by any means and it should provide you with good fuel economy and extreme reliability. Ideal for driving in and around the busy South of England.

I would only buy from a Lexus Dealer with a full Lexus Approved Service History. You should then receive a full 12 month (as new) Warranty. I would consider taking out a Lexus Service Plan for about £35 per month which will include an Annual Health Check on the Hybris Battery which itself is Warranted for 15 years from 1st Registation. Upon completion of your initial Warranty from the Dealer I would then consider taking out a Lexus Extended Warranty which for an average of approx £40 per month will cover you against ALL electrical and Mechanical breakdowns until the car is 10 years old or has completed 140,000 miles.

That`s all for now, so do keep us informed of your decisions along with some piccies please.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2021 at 3:44 PM, royoftherovers said:

Many thanks Mike. ULEZ is leading many people to Lexus and as you may well know it is somewhat of a different beast to other cars. If you haven`t done so you must drive one soonest. The E-cvt is like no other automatic transmission and is extremely reliable indeed. The CT is not a Sports Car by any means and it should provide you with good fuel economy and extreme reliability. Ideal for driving in and around the busy South of England.

I would only buy from a Lexus Dealer with a full Lexus Approved Service History. You should then receive a full 12 month (as new) Warranty. I would consider taking out a Lexus Service Plan for about £35 per month which will include an Annual Health Check on the Hybris Battery which itself is Warranted for 15 years from 1st Registation. Upon completion of your initial Warranty from the Dealer I would then consider taking out a Lexus Extended Warranty which for an average of approx £40 per month will cover you against ALL electrical and Mechanical breakdowns until the car is 10 years old or has completed 140,000 miles.

That`s all for now, so do keep us informed of your decisions along with some piccies please.

Hi John and many thanks for the advice. I've since been looking at various dealerships and taking their finance packages into consideration, they make for some compelling offers.

I also was able to take my work colleagues car for a short test drive last week, he has a 2016 Sport model, finished in what I would call, primer grey, with 17" black alloys, a very nice example. The seating position was comfortable and just as I've read, the ride was firm, very firm in fact. I was trying to remember if my TT was that firm, but I don't think it would be a deal breaker? 

One other thing that did bother me a little was the steering wheel, do Lexus use real leather or a faux leather? The material on this example was very shiny and smooth, almost to the point of slippery. I wasn't too keen on that, I also noticed that where the material is pulled around the spokes, it was creasing, again is this normal? I know it sounds like I'm nit picking but as a main contact point I would have expected the quality to be better, maybe it was just that one?

I'm now also considering the IS300h since I found out the rear seats can found down, which means I should be able to get my RC planes in the back? I do like the look of that car.

I'll keep you all posted, although it may be a while as it'll most likely  be around the summer before I actually make a purchase.

Thanks again.

Mike

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership