Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Hi , my wife has decided to buy a nx300h premier model just wanted your thoughts on price as they seem very expensive when age compared to price, we've seen one for £22k,64plate,2015 from lexus in white with ivory int,34k,1owner, they will not budge on price at all, I have walked away for the moment, looked at f sport too but found premier seating and ride better and other features which she will definitely use over the f sport, any ideas if this is worth it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, MR DSB said:

Hi , my wife has decided to buy a nx300h premier model just wanted your thoughts on price as they seem very expensive when age compared to price, we've seen one for £22k,64plate,2015 from lexus in white with ivory int,34k,1owner, they will not budge on price at all, I have walked away for the moment, looked at f sport too but found premier seating and ride better and other features which she will definitely use over the f sport, any ideas if this is worth it?

Expensive compared to what Gurdeep ?

Ask for a 2 year warranty and a new set of decent tyres and you will have a vehicle that can be warranted until 2030 on the Hybrid Battery(free) and 2025 on Electrics and Mechanicals (if you pay approx £40 per month upon completion of the expiry of the 2 year warranty).

Seems a very good deal to me Sir. And you will retain the tax free services of an extremely happy lady !😂😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks Roy i' ll try what you said, by expensive i meant im surprised and pleased that lexus' retain their value so much compared to other brands when looking at ages and prices. I was going to look into the extra warranty upto 10 years of age too, seems worth the money as we plan on keeping this car for a very long time, oh yes tax free services! I'm happy with that !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't wish to hijack your thread but what are thoughts on purchasing an NX which is a lower spec  - SE or perhaps Luxury but with the additional packs fitted such as convenience, premium Satnav etc. do you think it represents better value than spending the higher price of a secondhand premier version which seem to command approx £3-4K over the other versions of the same age? - The premier does look very nice though!!

best Neal

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NDP said:

I don't wish to hijack your thread but what are thoughts on purchasing an NX which is a lower spec  - SE or perhaps Luxury but with the additional packs fitted such as convenience, premium Satnav etc. do you think it represents better value than spending the higher price of a secondhand premier version which seem to command approx £3-4K over the other versions of the same age? - The premier does look very nice though!!

best Neal

I wondered the same when I saw your post, as the Luxury has the same powered leather seating (albeit without power lumbar, memory and ventilation)and ride comfort as the Premier. When I bought mine I thought the whopping additional cost of the Premier at the time wasn't justified by the relatively modest uplift in specification, though the gap will have narrowed now with depreciation. But if it's a nice car and feels right, then go for it. The price seems reasonable for a 1 owner car.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah we did consider these models but the extras the Premier has like heated steering wheel my wife works nights so she would use this, blind spot monitoring would make her feel more safer on motorway, memory seats for the times I would drive it, lane assist etc and many other touches, we would use all the extras it would come with and after her driving bangers for the last 15years she insists she is buying her next car not me!! I have no say, she's only using me to negotiate and find THE one 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Martin J said:

I wondered the same when I saw your post, as the Luxury has the same powered leather seating (albeit without power lumbar, memory and ventilation)and ride comfort as the Premier. When I bought mine I thought the whopping additional cost of the Premier at the time wasn't justified by the relatively modest uplift in specification, though the gap will have narrowed now with depreciation. But if it's a nice car and feels right, then go for it. The price seems reasonable for a 1 owner car.

you're right it's about a 3k difference 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MR DSB said:

yeah we did consider these models but the extras the Premier has like heated steering wheel my wife works nights so she would use this, blind spot monitoring would make her feel more safer on motorway, memory seats for the times I would drive it, lane assist etc and many other touches, we would use all the extras it would come with and after her driving bangers for the last 15years she insists she is buying her next car not me!! I have no say, she's only using me to negotiate and find THE one 

Fair enough - it does make sense if the additional features will be useful - good luck in your search

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Expensive compared to what Gurdeep ?

Ask for a 2 year warranty and a new set of decent tyres and you will have a vehicle that can be warranted until 2030 on the Hybrid Battery(free) and 2025 on Electrics and Mechanicals (if you pay approx £40 per month upon completion of the expiry of the 2 year warranty).

Seems a very good deal to me Sir. And you will retain the tax free services of an extremely happy lady !😂😂

When I bought my first NX almost five years ago, I did a load of research on retained value. What I did then may be out of date, but I’m sure it’s directionally still correct.

The reliability factor for Lexus does play a part, but the bigger impact is scarcity - simply there are far fewer NXs available than the main German competitors. That wouldn’t matter if it wasn’t a desirable vehicle, but there is enough demand to hold values up. At the time I did my research, as an example, the BMW X3 retained about 35% of its original value over four years, with the NX predicted to retain almost 50% in comparison. The other mass market German cars were similar, with Ford / Vauxhall / Renault etc. suffering even more.

Also worth remembering that the more ‘popular’ brands - Audi, BMW, Ford etc. - discount their cars much more heavily, especially into the big lease companies. When those come onto the used market at 3-5 years old, they are understandably cheaper, and deflate used values across the piece. Lexus doesn’t suffer anything like as much in that regard.

Ultimately, I took two views. First, you can tell that ‘you get what you pay for’ with a Lexus, both in build quality and service - certainly from what I’ve experienced at Lexus Swindon. Second, the value should continue to hold up - so if you pay more now, you should be able to minimise your depreciation when you come to sell.

Good luck!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the all the positive comments. Seems like a fair price for a very comfortable and reliable NX. When I eventually buy it will be a Luxury or a Premier. The only reason for choosing a Premier for me is the memory seats but it is a lot more money just for memory seats but I have got used to the convenience of them in my GS300 which I've had for about 11 years. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The memory seats are useful if you change drivers as you said. I am planning to do the same  - either a premier or luxury. I am just keeping an eye on specs as I see them come up for sale (through a Lexus dealer). I think I could be tempted though by a later SE coming up with some additional features as I see the later ones now come with parking sensors and electric seats (not memory though!).

Good luck finding yours!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MR DSB said:

Hi , my wife has decided to buy a nx300h premier model just wanted your thoughts on price as they seem very expensive when age compared to price, we've seen one for £22k,64plate,2015 from lexus in white with ivory int,34k,1owner, they will not budge on price at all, I have walked away for the moment, looked at f sport too but found premier seating and ride better and other features which she will definitely use over the f sport, any ideas if this is worth it?

Is it for sale at Lexus Leicester, they are hard to budge on prices or even on extras, my experience anyway 

Link to post
Share on other sites

it is yes, you are right they are not giving anything away, did you buy from them? did you manage to get any extras ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

No did not purchase from them. They were very crafty they advertised a car for sale that was a future part exchange against a new nx that the owner was buying. So trying to sell a car they did not have. There was no movement in price and when I mentioned I was promised 3 years servicing from another dealer there was again no movement. Shame I wanted a car with ivory interior as well .  If you do go for a premium model you will have a mark levinson music system which was the only reason I wanted a premium model. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2021 at 4:23 PM, MR DSB said:

Hi , my wife has decided to buy a nx300h premier model just wanted your thoughts on price as they seem very expensive when age compared to price, we've seen one for £22k,64plate,2015 from lexus in white with ivory int,34k,1owner, they will not budge on price at all, I have walked away for the moment, looked at f sport too but found premier seating and ride better and other features which she will definitely use over the f sport, any ideas if this is worth it?

If this helps, As a guide I have just bought a one owner 2015 NX300h Premier with 15.5k on the clock for £22.5k. I have previously owned Japanese but not Lexus and my learning curve is getting used to and setting up the additional Tech (particularly the touch pad system) on the car. My only gripe is the lack of easily accessible storage for sunglasses which seems odd for such a well equipped car.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Cazoo have a couple for sale. The black one looks like it’s not been well cared for, but I can’t see any imperfections listed for the white one?

https://www.cazoo.co.uk/used-car/cc87a1ce-0a82-55fc-a1d9-470ad00507f1/

https://www.cazoo.co.uk/used-car/2c8cf54a-0e6f-51ec-a7c0-abec8120906d/

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Marcosal said:

If this helps, As a guide I have just bought a one owner 2015 NX300h Premier with 15.5k on the clock for £22.5k. I have previously owned Japanese but not Lexus and my learning curve is getting used to and setting up the additional Tech (particularly the touch pad system) on the car. My only gripe is the lack of easily accessible storage for sunglasses which seems odd for such a well equipped car.

that is a good deal, is it with black interior and from lexus dealer ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

I see Cazoo have a couple for sale. The black one looks like it’s not been well cared for, but I can’t see any imperfections listed for the white one?

https://www.cazoo.co.uk/used-car/cc87a1ce-0a82-55fc-a1d9-470ad00507f1/

https://www.cazoo.co.uk/used-car/2c8cf54a-0e6f-51ec-a7c0-abec8120906d/

yeah I seen those, noticed the marks on drivers door too, but really I want the ivory leathers as it feels more light and airy inside 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I bought my Luxury NX, I'd started looking at the Lexus dealers but eventually found one from a major non franchised dealer about £5k cheaper. It was 2 years old and had full local Lexus history (which I checked with Lexus for anything untoward) and one year of manufacturer's warranty to run. It has the navigation and convenience packs and now after 4 years of faultless motoring,  I'm passing it to my daughter. Over this period I've lost £7k in depreciation, which I reckon is pretty good. Now looking for an RX450h Premier - seen a 2 year old one at £6k below dealer prices, 20k on the clock from a major premium car franchise and a year of Lexus warranty to run. Not fully checked it out but it is tempting. This time round I know I'll lose a lot more , simply because of the maths and the much higher starting price, but generally if I can get no more than £3k pa depreciation I'll be happy. The longer you hold onto it, the less you lose a year on average. My Jaguar XK that I sold recently fell into this depreciation target bracket too, again helped by getting a big discount at outset from the dealer.

Good luck on finding the right car. There should be a few coming to market in the coming months - 2021 is a big year for PCPs and HP loans coming to maturity and, sadly, there will be some people who simply can't buy a newer car or afford to buy their existing one. Lockdown is restricting supply somewhat just now so prices are firming up. Be patient and the right model and deal with come along but don't be afraid to look outwith the Lexus network for cars less than 3 years old.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/01/2021 at 10:17 AM, smithy67 said:

My glasses fit nicely in the door handle recess 😁

The glasses holder is under the vanity mirror. I manage to fit two pairs in there!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2021 at 5:51 PM, Caldean said:

Be patient and the right model and deal with come along but don't be afraid to look outwith the Lexus network for cars less than 3 years old.

If only I was patient..... I've just bought a RX450H Premier! I did follow my own advice as far as price is concerned...... main dealer non franchise had the right car at the right price and specifications with full Lexus  servicing and a year of the main Lexus warranty left to run for £4k below main dealer prices. Well chuffed, as is my daughter who's getting my NX.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership