Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone taken their RC - F on the track?

I do a few track days a year . And used to have a fiesta ST for the job which i sold last month. I am going to get a Yaris GR but wont get it until July. I have a booking for April and the wife wont let me track her Mustang after the last time . 

I wouldn't mind giving it a go in the RC F I just wanted to hear anyones experience with it? I have never seen one on the track and when I meet M4's at Brands the little fiesta ST kept up with them quite easily.

Lexus GB flew a select few of us out to Ascari to see the launch and drive the car - around 2/3 months before they come to the UK.

I was really impressed by it, the TVD is fantastic and it can only be appreciated on the track - that be said my GSF has performed on the road when I have needed it to 😁 Unlike an M4 the RCF does need to be worked hard and get it wrong and you can really lose time, that be said, if you miss the torque curve in the M4 you can also find yourself in a little bit of trouble.

Dependent upon race track I think that you would appreciate the TVD (brands Hatch 👍) and as you own and drive a Fiesta ST I think that you will get an appreciation for the RCF on track as you have something to compare it to - on the bends it sure makes the car feel like it has so much more torque than it really does.

3 hours ago, Fair and square said:

Lexus GB flew a select few of us out to Ascari to see the launch and drive the car - around 2/3 months before they come to the UK.

I was really impressed by it, the TVD is fantastic and it can only be appreciated on the track - that be said my GSF has performed on the road when I have needed it to 😁 Unlike an M4 the RCF does need to be worked hard and get it wrong and you can really lose time, that be said, if you miss the torque curve in the M4 you can also find yourself in a little bit of trouble.

Dependent upon race track I think that you would appreciate the TVD (brands Hatch 👍) and as you own and drive a Fiesta ST I think that you will get an appreciation for the RCF on track as you have something to compare it to - on the bends it sure makes the car feel like it has so much more torque than it really does.

I want to track my GSF so badly 😂😂

Went for a drive earlier pulled up by a field and the rubber smell was divine. Would love a proper area to really let it loose with txn fully off squeeling away without oncoming traffic being a problem 😂

1 hour ago, Arnett said:

I want to track my GSF so badly 😂😂

Went for a drive earlier pulled up by a field and the rubber smell was divine. Would love a proper area to really let it loose with txn fully off squeeling away without oncoming traffic being a problem 😂

I would enjoy watching that as i only know how how to drive in auto d mode!!!!. Don’t really know much about all the rest of the setup eg never used hud display or how to use the “flappy paddles “😂😂😂😂

I was awful in manual D when I got it 😂

Just play around in manual mode in Sport S you'll pick it up in no time. Avoid Sport S+ for a while. Once your comfortable move up to the + which naturally makes the car more skiddy 😅.

My car pretty much lives in track mode on the TVD unless I'm on cruise. 

Honestly the more you play the more convenient you'll get, and Jesus accelerating from standstill in expert mode is great fun 😂

I have tracked my ISF and GSF and had a drive of the RCF, RCF track edition and an LC500 at Goodwood courtesy of Lexus UK. All were absolutely brilliant. 

Gratuitous photos that may have been posted before:

16F3F09C-2E74-4648-9FA6-F6EB6B17D60D.jpeg

88632C95-6703-4D0B-AD78-7D449D10C3BB.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 1:14 AM, Arnett said:

I was awful in manual D when I got it 😂

Just play around in manual mode in Sport S you'll pick it up in no time. Avoid Sport S+ for a while. Once your comfortable move up to the + which naturally makes the car more skiddy 😅.

My car pretty much lives in track mode on the TVD unless I'm on cruise. 

Honestly the more you play the more convenient you'll get, and Jesus accelerating from standstill in expert mode is great fun 😂

How do you get Expert mode? I was sure I saw it on a review video then couldn't find it on my car.....(RCF)

Not that I will be using it much if I cant even turn it on 🤣

1 hour ago, BillNick said:

How do you get Expert mode? I was sure I saw it on a review video then couldn't find it on my car.....(RCF)

Not that I will be using it much if I cant even turn it on 🤣

Sport+, then turn traction control off. 

13 hours ago, BillNick said:

Cool thanks, wont be using that much lol

Empty car park when it's wet you'll have loads of fun... 🤗

The car is surprisingly grippy even when in this setting, holds the road so damn fine. 

1 minute ago, Arnett said:

I'll give it a shot today and let you know 👌

Won't let me edit it phone keeps bugging. 

I'll be using the hand brake button not the foot pedal.... obviously 😂

4 hours ago, Arnett said:

Won't let me edit it phone keeps bugging. 

I'll be using the hand brake button not the foot pedal.... obviously 😂

I think its a similar procedure with the E-brake, be careful though, its verrrrry tail happy in that mode even with MP 4s.

I tried and failed, haven't had a chance today as it's been snow storms all day... 

So I've been acting like a child and used over a tank today just playing 😂.. Drifties... 😏