Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS300H 12v Battery

Hi,

My 12v Battery is playing up and I am baffled as to which Battery to go for

Eurocarparts suggested a Lion AGM Battery and their website does not seem to have a standard Battery choice for my vehicle

Does the car need a AGM? What have you guys replaced your ones with

Lexus themselves quotes £148!

Regards, AKH

On 1/30/2021 at 1:05 PM, AKH said:

Hi,

My 12v Battery is playing up and I am baffled as to which battery to go for

Eurocarparts suggested a Lion AGM battery and their website does not seem to have a standard battery choice for my vehicle

Does the car need a AGM? What have you guys replaced your ones with

Lexus themselves quotes £148!

Regards, AKH

strange, my dealer charged me £137 for mine last month

Over 7 years at the moment out of mine. Since the lockdowns started I have charged it a couple of times, at other times I sit in the car when my wife is in the supermarket with the engine on to give it a boost.

5 hours ago, ganzoom said:

How long are people seeing out of the 12V, ours is 6 years old now and not been replaced. No signs of any issues so far.

Sept 2013 Car.

Replaced for the first time in June 2020. Nearly 7 years old. It was truly knackered at this point though.

Replaced after four years mainly due to leaving car at the airport for 4 weeks last January.  Never really recovered, staggered on over the following year finally giving  up the ghost on the cross channel ferry which was a little annoying!

32 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

If fitting a non OE battery make sure the terminals are oriented the same.

+1 on this!

There are many batteries with similar dimensions and terminal types which will physically fit but have the opposite polarity. Be very careful.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 4:24 PM, Herbie said:

Take a look here at Lexus Parts Direct where you'll get the correct one at £117.76

I tried them, they are out of stock, and don't know when they will be getting more

I've ordered one from here..   £149.99  including delivery

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383442807287?fbclid=IwAR0LcBym4mK0YBNKYa1pA3rPxUJTl6zr1q2AH6n1TZen0dOb_qtuohkpQaY#vi-ilComp

They also say the following

PLEASE LEAVE THE CAR RUNNING FOR AT LEAST 1 HOUR AFTER INSTALLING THE NEW Battery SO THAT IT CAN REACH TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL. Battery NORMALLY FAILS DUE TO REDUCED VEHICLE USAGE OR FREQUENT SHORT JOURNEYS. Battery IS AN ELECTROMECHANICAL DEVICE WHICH NATURALLY LOSES CHARGE OVER TIME AND LOSES CHARGE EVEN FASTER IN HIGH SPRING AND SUMMER. EVEN WHEN VEHICLE IS OFF & LOCKED, ALARMS AND ELECTRICAL SYSTEM WILL DRAIN THE Battery BECAUSE Battery IS STILL CONNECTED TO FUNCTION ALARM & OTHER VEHICLE INTERNAL COMPONENTS.

ALL HYBRID CARS REQUIRED MORE THAN 40MINS DRIVE OR AT LEAST 1HOUR IN “READY” MODE. IF NOT USING CAR REGULARLY LEAVE THE CAR RUNNING FOR AT LEAST 1HOUR TWICE A WEEK. IF Battery LEVEL IS DROPPED BELOW 80% AND NOT QUICKLY RECOVERED BY RECHARGING THEN IT WILL CAUSE PERMANENT DAMAGE TO THE Battery. DAMAGE OCCURS BELOW 10.5VOLTS. BATTERIES ARE NOT DESIGNED TO GO BELOW 12VOLTS BY THEMSELVES AND CAN ONLY GO DOWN BECAUSE OF OVER DISCHARGE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ## ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leaving the car running for an hour twice a week seems OTT.  Connecting to a charger for half a day every week should suffice (?)  Chargers won't (or shouldn't) let you over charge.

31 minutes ago, Hadrian said:

Leaving the car running for an hour twice a week seems OTT.  Connecting to a charger for half a day every week should suffice (?)  Chargers won't (or shouldn't) let you over charge.

Once a week for an hour is the current recommended procedure. Leave it in P with no radio, lights, A/C etc and the engine will cut in and out as required.  A smart charger is another option, quite a few to choose from, I bought a NOCO Genius 5 from Halfords using the club discount but the Cetek MXS 5 seems popular with Lexus owners.

On 2/4/2021 at 9:04 AM, Hadrian said:

I tried them, they are out of stock, and don't know when they will be getting more

I've ordered one from here..   £149.99  including delivery

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383442807287?fbclid=IwAR0LcBym4mK0YBNKYa1pA3rPxUJTl6zr1q2AH6n1TZen0dOb_qtuohkpQaY#vi-ilComp

The battery was delivered today, maybe not the cheapest option but at least I now have it.

It's labelled as Toyota..Made in Korea........... Close enough for me and the correct dimensions