Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

High mileage is300h f sport

Younas

Hi, I'm new to the club which I've just bought a is300h f sport off a family member car is in excellent condition its got 180k on it always been to the main dealer for everything from servicing to tyres mot's the lot I've had Lexus in the past and I know they are very reliable can do alot of miles my last one I did almost 300k (ct200h) what sort mileage have owners got out of there ones? What sort of stuff will need changing as it heads towards the 200k mark and what will i be able to get out if it?(I always maintain my cars very well)Thanks

Hi Younas

I'm also new to the forum and also just bought an IS300H with 126K on it. I'd also be interested in knowing the same info.
Unlike you, I think I need to do some work on mine. I'm planning on changing the plugs, disc pads all around and a new set of tyres.

Wondered what oil I should use. Prob put on a set of Goodyears as that's recommended by others on here.

Look forward to learning lots from everyone here 🙂

Hello guys and welcome to the best Lexus forum there is. You both have excellent cars. I've had 2 of them. I suggest you search this forum for your answers. The 3rd gen lexud IS section is excellent. Lots of threads about just about anything you can think of. One thing Sully if you're Not going to use Lexus to do the services then once a year take your car there for a Hybrid Health Check. It's about £55 But is necessary as it checks the hybrid system and gives you a 1 year warranty too. I'm assuming Younas you'll be continuing the dealer servicing. One thing regarding high mileage cars is Not to stick with service schedules. Oil changes need to be done more regularly like every 5k miles. 

Enjoy your cars. Look after them and they'll look after you. 

22 hours ago, Sully888 said:

Hi Younas

I'm also new to the forum and also just bought an IS300H with 126K on it. I'd also be interested in knowing the same info.
Unlike you, I think I need to do some work on mine. I'm planning on changing the plugs, disc pads all around and a new set of tyres.

Wondered what oil I should use. Prob put on a set of Goodyears as that's recommended by others on here.

Look forward to learning lots from everyone here 🙂

Hi 

Congratulations on the new motor mate I would recommend genuine parts from my past experience with my ct200h I will be taking mine to the dealers atleast once year a for 1 one service by them.

10 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hello guys and welcome to the best Lexus forum there is. You both have excellent cars. I've had 2 of them. I suggest you search this forum for your answers. The 3rd gen lexud IS section is excellent. Lots of threads about just about anything you can think of. One thing Sully if you're Not going to use Lexus to do the services then once a year take your car there for a Hybrid Health Check. It's about £55 But is necessary as it checks the hybrid system and gives you a 1 year warranty too. I'm assuming Younas you'll be continuing the dealer servicing. One thing regarding high mileage cars is Not to stick with service schedules. Oil changes need to be done more regularly like every 5k miles. 

Enjoy your cars. Look after them and they'll look after you. 

Hi Vladimir and thanks for the reply. I will be servicing it every 7k I do about 10-15k miles a year so one service will be done at the main dealer. Do you recommend changing at other parts on the change as it heads towards the 200k miles mark?

11 hours ago, Younas said:

Hi Vladimir and thanks for the reply. I will be servicing it every 7k I do about 10-15k miles a year so one service will be done at the main dealer. Do you recommend changing at other parts on the change as it heads towards the 200k miles mark?

The hybrid health check warrants your hybrid Battery for 12 months or 10k miles, whichever comes first, so you may need more than one a year if you are doing 15k pa.

Hi Younas. Ask the family member you got the car from if the diff oil has ever been changed. I can't remember if there is an issue with sticking brake calipers as on the is250 but you could check the caliper slide pins.

13 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Younas. Ask the family member you got the car from if the diff oil has ever been changed. I can't remember if there is an issue with sticking brake calipers as on the is250 but you could check the caliper slide pins.

Hi Vlad, will ask about the diff oil and not sure about the caliper my ct200h did have that problem once. Vlad do you know anyone on here that has any parts for the is300h f sport? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 3:49 AM, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Younas no I don't know anyone on here for parts. Look in the parts for sale section somewhere on here.

Hi, will do thanks.