Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Im on the verge of buying a gs but im a bit concerned about the hybrid batteries deteriorating through lack of use if due to lockdowns and general lack of use.

Are these ok to use just a few times a week and not do many miles with.

For at least the near future anway

Thanks

1 hour ago, Chasdad said:

Im on the verge of buying a gs but im a bit concerned about the hybrid batteries deteriorating through lack of use if due to lockdowns and general lack of use.

Are these ok to use just a few times a week and not do many miles with.

For at least the near future anway

Thanks

I would say they are John based on my usage these last 7 years. And subject to you following the advice and guidance contained within its Handbook.

What year of GS are you thinking of acquiring as Generation 3 (mine) went to 2011 and Gen 4 from then until last year, I think.

Depending upon age you can avail yourself of excellent warranties at minimal costs.

15 hours ago, Chasdad said:

This is an 09. Has full lexus history. 

Apparently has a warranty. But not  lexus one

If it`s from a non Lexus Dealer you could have it checked over by Lexus immediately after purchase and hand it back if things are that bad ?

20 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Its a private sale.serviced by lexus about 600 miles ago

ok, but consider doing what I said if in any doubt. Ask to see the service documents and service book from the seller..

If Lexus serviced it x00 miles ago, they will perhaps tell you its service history. Have you checked its M.O.T. history?

Looks nice enough from the pictures - hard to spot glitches. You can get a hybrid Battery warranty up to 15 years old - Lexus need to inspect it each year - costs getting on for £60 but well worth it. Potentially that could run to 25th May 2025.

It has a pretty clean MoT history except for (primarily) exhaust and shock absorber issues in 2019. Looks as though they were fixed though. Might be worth negotiating for a new MoT now. If you or the seller can wait 10 days or so you could keep the same annual expiry date.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Looks very nice indeed. he didn`t have it MOT`d before advertising.

I`d offer 4850 as it needs M.O.T. OR 4950 If he does it.

But it does look a well cared for car.

If you buy it tell him to get Lexus to transfer the Extended warranty into your name pronto as you will not want a period without cover. Good luck.

That looks very very nice, in my opinion it looks better than later models and still looks as modern as many new cars out there.  So annual tax is half that of a non hybrid GS?

1 hour ago, Chasdad said:

Hows the  celsior

The Celsior is running perfectly, I'll have had it for three years this summer, it's amazing how time flies.  I haven't made any firm plans but later this year I may part with it, I want to fully retire this year and having three cars between us isn't really practical so I'll see how I feel in a few months.  I hope the GS is what you're looking for.

• Like 1

Just now, Chasdad said:

Thanks . Agreed a price .as long as its described correctly. 😊😊😊😊

Must admit its completely out of my comfort zone. Knowing nothing about hybrids

That`s why we are here John, old pal. Read and re-read the Handbook and ask as many questions as you like.

The Hybris system is a technical work of art and what you must do is trust it. Sleep well  

34 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

That`s why we are here John, old pal. Read and re-read the Handbook and ask as many questions as you like.

The Hybris system is a technical work of art and what you must do is trust it. Sleep well  

Thanks.

I wish i coukd relax and not always worry about what could go wrong

I think we buy Lexus for its realiabilty then worry when we buy it that it may break down

I have had a 55 gs300 a 2010 gs450 and now a 64 gs 450 and had no real bother with any of them apart from consumable items

so i woudnt bother too much

• Like 3