Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Im on the verge of buying a gs but im a bit concerned about the hybrid batteries deteriorating through lack of use if due to lockdowns and general lack of use.

Are these ok to use just a few times a week and not do many miles with.

For at least the near future anway

Thanks

John

The traction (hybrid) Battery should be fine. It is the 12V one that might have suffered because there is always a slight drain (security system and self discharge) and it goes flat in two weeks or so depending how good it is. Mine is 14 years old and it will go a week.

Short journeys not good for any vehicle (except all electric) but if run in park position for an hour every week as recommended by Lexus or the 12V Battery kept trickle charged it will be fine. And more comfortable than most🙂

Do let us know how it compares with the LS430.

John

54 minutes ago, OldTrout said:

John

The traction (hybrid) battery should be fine. It is the 12V one that might have suffered because there is always a slight drain (security system and self discharge) and it goes flat in two weeks or so depending how good it is. Mine is 14 years old and it will go a week.

Short journeys not good for any vehicle (except all electric) but if run in park position for an hour every week as recommended by Lexus or the 12V battery kept trickle charged it will be fine. And more comfortable than most🙂

Do let us know how it compares with the LS430.

John

Will do. Although i sold the 430 years back

On 10/26/2020 at 3:56 PM, R.S.C. said:

Am I allowed to share dealership info on here or PM?

Chasdad (John) I endorse all of the above. I have not read or heard of a single Hybrid Battery failure of any Lexus vehicle which has been bought (new or pre-owned) from an official Lexus Dealership and serviced by them in accordance with the Manufacturers Instructions.

I`ve had mine for 7 years now, without any problem. Do let us all know how you get on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links