Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Catalysts stolen this morning

OK - here's what I'd do (but you'd need to assess for yourself how practical this would be in the exact circumstances, and the tools you have available)

1) Remove part of those heat shields, perhaps back to the clamps on the angled part.

2) Get two suitable lengths of pipe, like this: http://tinyurl.com/yv3fls7q . You'd need to measure the length and diameter (inside diameter to match the outside diameter of the existing pipe,). length to provide at least an inch, preferably more like 2 inches of overlap over the existing pipe at either end.

3) Buy 4 clamps, like this:  http://tinyurl.com/1bhp57yj Suitable for the outside diameter of the new bits of pipe.

4) Cut short longitudinal slots in the ends of the pipes (so that the clamps will squeeze the pipes slightly)

5) Assemble and tighten the clamps

You might just need some extra support where you've removed the heat shield - not sure if those nuts support the pipe or just the heat shield. If you do, a length of perforated strip should do the job

Good luck! (and please take care under the car)

• Like 2

Just now, johnatg said:

Hmm - the links don't work. The first is ebay  search: exhaust repair pipe. the second is search :exhaust clamp.

The original ebay links are enormously long.

They work for me?

On 03/02/2021 at 7:18 PM, nicnac said:

And when did the police arrive .................. they are ineffectual at best .

If you had the means to apply Rule .303 legally ,this could be stamped out in a few weeks .

and while Imat it , put lorry loads of drugs in every main square in the country/world  , so taking the money out of drugs ............problem solved . !!! .And before anyone asks .................Im a moderate !!!!

A small crumb of comfort for the good guys....

https://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/news-article/three-arrests-made-after-catalytic-converter-found-car-boot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy B said:

Good job! Well done police! Now we need more reports like that so make us feel safer!

These three guys seems awfully young to do it professionally but here you go. Just wondering if they will be penalised before they go to jail, if they go to jail.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, johnatg said:

Go to jail? No chance. They'll get a trivial slap on the wrist (unless they've got serious previous) 

And this is not right, it is not like an accident, they knew what and why they were doing it. Police should find out how many houses and addresses these scumbags robed and compensate the owners before they go to jail, they must go to jail! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding straight pipes in places of the cats - I put a flex pipe on mine and now the exhaust is louder and deeper, especially when the engine is cold. Also, more smoke, which is expected. Have others with no cats noticed this? Is there a way to minimize it? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about how they do this. I thought the alarm would have had anti tilt??

Also what about installing a plinth in the drive and mark on top of the fitted plinth, No access to the underside, even jacked up they would need get it quite high? 

Yes they can move the car but then the alarm would go off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links