Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus nx or ux ?

Better car for what?

The UX for a 6'2 guy like myself seems somewhat cramped in the driving seat compared to my NX.

Obviously the fuel consumption is better in the UX than the NX.

What are you looking at on both cars for comparison?

• Like 1

UX=urban crossover  

If you don't need space and use you car in city UX will give you a far better mileage.

If you often have passengers on rear seats and need more space also in boot, go for a NX.

• Like 1

Had an offer to change from 2018 nx to 2020 model; before I did I tried a UX250h (also have had one as a courtesy car). UX has better performance and a great hybrid system.

Did the figures for roughly similar spec vehicles, on PCP - UX with a few option packs came out as around £40 month more a month than  NX300h Premium sport.

NX in my view was better, bigger (but not excessively so), obviously more roomy,  higher driving position for better visibility, 4 wheel drive (ux quote was for 2 wheel drive version, 4 wheel drive version bumps price even more) and in my opinion a better interior.  Went for the the NX.   Hope they fit RAV 4 engine in the next NX release as even though there is nothing wrong with the existing engine it does feel behind the latest generation hydrid units that Toyota/ Lexus are using.

NX is a lovely place to be when driving, fit Michelin across Climates to improve ride, and gives you genuine all weather ability.   MPG from 38 - 42 mpg over 9500 miles the UX will be better than this.

Try them both at your nearest dealership and then decide, everyone has different requirements

• Like 4

Had a UX as a loan car, and while I quite liked it - especially the responsive 2-litre hybrid system - I was disappointed by the poor cabin quality compared with the NX, the claustrophobic rear seats, and the tiny boot. It's clearly a more modern design, but the NX still looks fresh, and in my view is much better value for money.

• Like 3

I can’t help thinking that an NX is a higher quality product than a UX. No real evidence to back this up other than sitting in a couple of UX vehicles in the showroom and owning two NX. I am looking forward to driving a UX and trying the next generation hybrid power train. There are still times now when the relative lack of performance from an NX irritates me. Normally when I’m on a single track A road and stuck behind a slower moving lorry. It definitely needs more space to safely overtake than in a lot of other vehicles I’ve owned.

On 2/2/2021 at 1:28 PM, CRAZYHOS said:

What would be a better car ? 

It depends how much space you want. NX is a larger vehicle with a decent boot. UX is a smaller vehicle with very little boot space.

Your requirements will determine which is the best for you.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links