Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ux or nx ?

I went from an NX to a UX.......the UX is ideal for a couple or occasional rear passenger.  The only thing that I miss on the UX , is the higher seating position of the NX.

• Like 2

I have only driven them as loan cars and it obviously depends on what you use it for but for me I’d take the UX all day long, just felt more sprightly and modern and I too have teenage kids but the amount of time they are in the car is negligible. Also the wife has a RX450h so that can be utilised for trips with family luggage etc. If we didn’t have that then a UX might be a compromise too far. That said, if I then had to choose between NX and RX then it would be RX. Nothing against the NX but for what I want the other two have something it does not. I’m using a Is300h as my everyday car right now but have been looking at a change and fairly certain I will go UX.

• Like 4

Have only driven the UX as a loan car whilst NX was in for service and agree with the comment that the UX feels more spritely but I found the interior too small and the boot space very poor for a family car. Ideal car for a couple though. My advice would therefore be an NX. You will not be disappointed! 

• Like 1

Hello. I have had both a few NX on loan when my IS has been in for services, and currently I have a UX F sport loaner. 

I love the size of the NX, and the equipment list on the Premier model is extensive. I have been fortunate enough to have two premier models and two luxury specs. The biggest thing I have noticed between the UX and the NX is the size inside. The boot is notably smaller, and rear space is probably on par with my IS. Every time I jump from my IS to an NX I really miss the IS' seats. I'm not sure what it is, but something just sticks in my back;  I think it's something to do with the stitching. I am finding the same with the UX. Maybe it would be something I'd get used to if it was mine?

Next, the engine. My IS feels as though it accelerates much quicker in comparison to the NX. I found the NX a little lethargic when accelerating and when trying to overtake at motorway speeds, the CVT makes the engine rev quite loudly, even though it's only for a few seconds at a time. In contrast, the UX does seem to be better. It does have the same CVT gearbox, however, when pushed there's a nice bit of shove from the electric motor. I have to say, I do wish this updated drive train was in the NX as I think it would make a big difference. As a disclaimer, I will add, I think the later NXs have been tweaked as the early NXs seemed to be a bit more rev happy.

Although I have only driven the UX a short distance home (~60 miles) I have noticed that the way the car changes between petrol mode and electric mode is slightly different. Both can set off on electric only mode, however I have noticed that the UX sometimes leaves the engine running when driving at slow speeds. The electric motor is powering the wheels, and the ICE is powering the Battery. It must be doing something right though as the onboard computer was showing 51mpg on the way home from Cardiff. Usually the NX is just about getting to 40mpg. In addition, the UX can power itself at motorway speeds in electric only mode. 

Both are great cars, but it does depend on what you want. If you want more space, and you are going to have people in the back, then the NX would be better for you. If there's just two of you in the car, and you don't need to carry lots on a regular basis, then the UX will be fine.

I have the UX for another day. If there's anything you want me to video or take a photo of please let me know and i'll be happy to oblige. I am going to try to do a mini review (providing I have the time). 

• Like 3