Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sharing my experience buying a NX300h from Cazoo

TL;DR very smooth and good value.

Hi all

Thought I’d share my experience buying a car from cazoo as I got a few questions and this forum really helped me make the decision. 

I bought this car, A 64 plate premier in white with 34.5K miles for 20 300

https://www.cazoo.co.uk/used-car/f48827b8-0a97-5648-aa6f-0d6bed9958fa/

and it was about 4k cheaper than an equivalent car from a lexus dealer and I spoke to a few trying to get them to get close in price (I really wanted a Premier with Pano roof)

The ad had very good pictures and 360 views but it’s very light on the detail but since it’s a premier, I could just read on the forum what the features was. They do list the service history but I had to contact them to get it added as it wasn’t on there at first. 

The purchase was very smooth you can opt to trade in your existing car which I didn’t (have an import so hard to get good value) hence not sure if it’s a good deal or not. You fill in your details, choose if you want the “Cazoo guard” paint and interior protection treatment for £250 (1/3rd of what lexus quoted me) which came with a ton of cleaning supplies as well. Credit terms were a lot less favourable than your normal bank hence i paid with my debit card. The money wasn’t actually taken until it was delivered though.

You then choose a delivery time, my first available slot was 5 days (3 working days) away and that was basically it.

I immediately got an email confirmation which outlined what I needed to do, how to activate the 7 day driveway insurance and how to register myself as the owner of the car with DVLA. Gave me everything I needed to request a parking permit from the council in advance.

A few days before delivery I got an email reminder and also a call from customer service explaining the process and was able to answer any questions about the car if I had any. They also explained the 7 day return policy and 90 day warranty (extendable for a price). Basically, the 7 days is quibble free, they take it back no questions asked. Only caveat is that “Cazoo Guard” isn’t refunded and trade in cars aren’t returned. It had another service before I got it and from there I could see that Cazoo must have bought it in mid 19 and been with them for 18 months based on the milage in the service records. Since registering it on lexus.co.uk I can see all the service records as well

On the day, the delivery man calls 15 mins before delivery. The car arrives in a small lorry and the is just serviced and valeted so it looks new. You get a few extras, like an umbrella, ice scraper etc. My delivery man Errol, was very knowledgable and showed all the features including waiting around for me to take a test drive. He had all the time in the world and was super helpful and friendly, genuinely interested in cars and making sure we had a good experience.

The car was exactly like the pictures, it looked brand new except for small scratches on the back of the door handles, which is only visible if you look hard in the right place. I think the car mats had been replaced with new, non-nexus ones as they were pristine. Everything worked as described and I’m very pleased.

After the delivery you get a notification that V5C has been digitally transferred and the normal “rate our service” emails.

I'm sure service will get worse and prices become less competitive as Cazoo continue to scale and get a more dominant market position (I know startups better than cars!) but at the moment they are trying to get market share by spending their Venture capital funding and as such, a good time to buy as they are more concerned with attracting new customer for future profitability than making a profit now, hence having good value deals.

Additionally, the delivery man alluded to the fact that they aren't great at pricing different trim levels and you get a better deal for top specced cars than the mid range, not sure if that is true but it was quite a good deal for my premier compared to the luxury ones they had in stock.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I’ve had a look at their website. Quite refreshing to have photos and descriptions of any marks/damage/blemishes I must admit. Cheaper than main dealer prices too. Probably a little bit cheaper than used car forecourts too. I’d definitely consider next time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links