Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner - GS 300 SE-L (2005)

junglie

Hello,

Bought a Mk3 GS 300 earlier in the week as a family car / commuter / stop gap.

Love it so far.

Just put OEM discs and pads on as there was a bad vibration under braking.  The ones that came off were nearly new Pagids but apparently the GS is very picky and only likes Lexus parts!

Having wheel balance done now and an aircon regas tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing how we get on with it.

Dan

8635DFC8-C558-4019-B2A3-4A86AB9BAB59.jpeg

76DE963A-819F-4800-9FE4-6A8E04071893.jpeg

B2B21EF3-88DA-4756-BA6C-1FDA7E43BE3A.jpeg

F1454A6B-0536-4DCC-BFE8-ECA46015BFEE.jpeg

39 minutes ago, junglie said:

I might even splash out on a set of floor mats and a boot liner!

Check for the creaky dash issue, most have it but it's fairly easy to rectify.  I drove my GS300 on a European trip doing 2.5k miles in 10 days, often averaging high 30's MPG and very comfortable!

11 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Check for the creaky dash issue, most have it but it's fairly easy to rectify.  I drove my GS300 on a European trip doing 2.5k miles in 10 days, often averaging high 30's MPG and very comfortable!

Not particularly so but would love to know the fix?

Brakes and wheel balance done.

The chap doing the regas says it is fine for now but gas is escaping from the bottom of the condenser where the rubber / plastic seal goes brittle over time. New condenser required but they look reasonably cheap on a quick online search.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links