Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My is220d is still not sorted , i had answers from a few of you on my fobs not locking/unlocking or disarming the car after it had been stood for a week, I renewed the fob Battery and today put a new varta 95ah 850 amps and crossed my fingers but no the fobs don't work I still had to use the manual key to get in which set the alarm off. It starts but that's pointless as the alarmnis still going off driving me insane.

The only thing i can say if it's a clue to anyone is that the windows especially the screen have been wet through on the inside this whole time so could water have got to the fuses or something , i believe there'sa fuse box under the dash ? Is that right ?

Really hope someone can tell me what to check or how to reset the fob.

Thanks in advance 

Hello Trevor,

I had same issue recently and there is not particular steps I found to work. It is the case of fitting new Battery getting inside the car and trying to get alarm to shut-up!

Thing you can do is to touch the fob next to the start button, starting the engine is possible, locking and unlocking the doors whilst you inside and using the buttons on the fob to lock and unlock door. Eventually, the car calms down and realises there is fob in the car and disarms the alarm, but be prepared to listen to it for 5-10minutes. I would advise not to do it after 9PM or indeed before 9AM 🙂 

The only way to avoid this in future - if you plan not to drive the car for more than 4 weeks, unlock the car via fob (disarm the alarm), lock the doors via central locking (from inside), open the bonnet, get out, lock the driver door with the key, remove the Battery, close the bonnet and keep the Battery in warm dry place. This means that when you start driving again, you simply connect the Battery and alarm won't trigger as it was not armed in the first place. If car runs out of Battery whilst alarms is armed then be prepared for this nasty surprise. 

here is thread of basically the same issue I had:

Thanks for replying,  you mention holding the fob next to the button but that's the weird thing  didn't need it that close for it to start the engine I got in and put it in the centre cup holder as I normally do then depressed the clutch the light went green and it started 

I forgot to mention that the lights and indicators will not work and the wipers only work on full speed ? That's why I'm wondering if water has got in somewhere? 

There are some fuses on passenger side, under the dashboard, mostly for interior functions like windows. The rest of the fuses are under the bonnet. 

As for fuses getting damp from what I assume was some condensation (?) - that is unlikely, you probably would need to pressure-wash the inside of the car if you wanted to damage it.

Holding the key next to the switch is advised if you suspect the key Battery to be dead, not so much value in your case if you have replaced the batteries. 

I think probably you just need to spend more time and be mentally prepared to listen to alarm and get in terms of all neighbours thinking you trying to steal your own car. After locking and unlocking the car in all possible ways it stops beeping... I think at first it doesn't even react to the keys on the remote, but eventually that starts working and then fairly quickly alarm stops. You may still need to lock and unlock the car several times with fob before it really stops.

Fob still not working the lock/unlock but alarm has stopped  ? The indicators and lights don't work and today while I started it and run it up to temperature I tried the switch in the arm rest that locks/unlocks the doors and nothing happened so does that mean there's no power to the central locking ?

On the IS250 there is a 30amp fuse in the fuse box in front of the Battery - fuse No. 16 - which controls the "Power door lock system / Security".

I'm assuming the IS220d is the same  -  might be worth checking.

Dec.

Fob still not working the lock/unlock but alarm has stopped  ? The indicators and lights don't work and today while I started it and run it up to temperature I tried the switch in the arm rest that locks/unlocks the doors and nothing happened so does that mean there's no power to the central locking ?

Fuses are ok , the alarm is off and the red LED security indicator is off , I can start it but still no indicators or lights and wipers only work on the highest setting. And the fob is still not working.

I wish I hadn't bought it and done more research , there's loads on the net about how crap these cars are and "do not buy" , 

I'm so fed up with up with it can anyone please help , I can't afford dealership prices.

• 2 weeks later...

One minute it works the next it doesn't so I went to an auto electrician who wasn't much help he just said it sounded like the body control module and it would need taking to a dealership aaaaaaaaaagggghhhhhhhh !!!!!!