Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stsrted the gs450h this morning and it started using the engine. I always thought it started on hybrid. 

Also how do i access the hybrid Battery info on the screen . Im at work so havent got the manual handy. Thanks 

In the morning it will always fire up the engine until the oils etc are warmed.

After that it will not need to fire up if the Battery has enough oomph.

Bear in mind you can only drive a mile or so on pure electric at low speeds.

To access the Energy Monitor,
press the “INFO” button located on the left
edge of the display. On the touch screen that
appears, touch the “Trip Information” button

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Stsrted the gs450h this morning and it started using the engine. I always thought it started on hybrid. 

Also how do i access the hybrid battery info on the screen . Im at work so havent got the manual handy. Thanks 

Trust the technology sunshine 😉😉

Steve has given you chapter and verse.

Read and re-read the Handbook or you you`ll give us all sleepless nights worrying about you. !

What a smashing looking car she is John.

On 2/4/2021 at 7:33 AM, Chasdad said:

This is actually impossible to do because the hybrids don't have a starter motor to crank the engine.

When you press the power button the 12V Battery boots the computers and gets the hybrid system into READY mode, at which point you can drive off on Battery power alone. When the hybrid system thinks the petrol engine needs to be used, it will energise MG1 and use it to spin the engine up to 1000rpm before the ECU applies fuel and a spark to fire it.

The engine comes on a lot quicker during winter because it's the only source of heat for the cabin, so if you have the climate control set to, say, 20C, it will fire the engine up ASAP to attain that temperature for you.

30 minutes ago, Herbie said:

The engine comes on a lot quicker during winter because it's the only source of heat for the cabin, so if you have the climate control set to, say, 20C, it will fire the engine up ASAP to attain that temperature for you.

And once the engine doesn't need to run for other operational reasons (such as charging the hybrid Battery, reaching operating temperature) you can start and stop the engine just by turning the climate control on and off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Another brilliant contribution.

Herbie, does your CV mention the fact that you were part of the Back Up Team which brought Apollo13 home safely ?

Sadly not John but that would have been something eh? Very exciting times.

• Like 1