Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hope someone can help with this.

I am unable to open my boot with the keyfob, the button on the boot itself, nor the button inside the car itself. I can ONLY open it with the key.

I have checked the boot security button in the Glove compartment ( I know some call it the Valet button) and it is On (I have checked it in the Off positon also, just in case), so it isn't simply just pressing this and trying again, unfortunately

When I press the Button inside the car and the Keyfob button I can hear a click of what i guess, is the relay switch, but the boot won't open.

I did have to change the Battery a couple of weeks ago, but I have done this before and i never had this issue then. 

Is there a fuse that this links to at all? 

Appreciate any assistance or guidance anyone may have.

Thanks

(oh, by the way, it's a 2005 IS250 SE - Manual)

Hi Ian,

The fact that you can hear a click when you press the fob or the interior release button would indicate to me that it is not a fuse problem but possibly an issue with the wiring where it goes from the body to the boot lid. Ater years of opening and closing the wiring can fail. With the boot open try locking the lock with something like a screwdriver and then manipulating the wiring loom while at he same time pressing the boot unlock button on the fob. If it springs back to life you know that your problem is in the loom.

Dec.

3 minutes ago, Beamish said:

Hi Ian,

The fact that you can hear a click when you press the fob or the interior release button would indicate to me that it is not a fuse problem but possibly an issue with the wiring where it goes from the body to the boot lid. Ater years of opening and closing the wiring can fail. With the boot open try locking the lock with something like a screwdriver and then manipulating the wiring loom while at he same time pressing the boot unlock button on the fob. If it springs back to life you know that your problem is in the loom.

Dec.

I did think that it probably wasn't a fuse issue, due to the reason that you have stated, however, I am not an expert! Thanks for confirming that!

Sounds like it's a job for a garage to fix, which I was hoping to avoid - At least I can open the boot with the key so no real urgency. 

It's just annoying 😞

• 1 month later...

I've had boot opening issues.
It dragged on over 2 years, initially it wouldn't locked eventually it wouldn't open despite pressing the button but worked fine using the key.
And the reason it works with the key is because it is mechanical, whereas the actuator runs on a separate cable if that makes sense? Easier to understand when you see it in person.

It was the latch actuator that needed to be replaced.

I got lucky and found a 2014 3rd gen latch that worked on my 2007 IS for £30 at the breakers.

You can find the required part here:
https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-is/lexus-is-phase-ii-2006-2013/lexus-is-2-exterior-interior/lexus-is-phase-2-2005-2008-boot-lock-and-actuator-assembly/

Hope this helps :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links