Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus app with IS300h

No reason why it shouldn’t but you need to set up the account first. I presume you’ve downloaded the app already. 
if you know the car registration then you can commence the registration but in some cases if it is a brand new vehicle you may need to wait for the V5 log book to arrive before completing the set-up

• 2 weeks later...

Have now got my V5, put in the code & all it tells me is when car was delivered.

There is no option to connect to the internet & inputing the Nav code just comes up with connection error.

has anyone actually got the IS 300h to connect to the internet with standard Navigation. 

14 hours ago, Bounce75 said:

Have now got my V5, put in the code & all it tells me is when car was delivered.

There is no option to connect to the internet & inputing the Nav code just comes up with connection error.

has anyone actually got the IS 300h to connect to the internet with standard Navigation. 

Unless Lexus changed something for the facelift (as my IS 300h is a 2014 model) the Standard Nav (with the rotary wheel) does not support any connection to the internet - only the Premium Nav (with the mouse controller thing) can do this. I have the Lexus Link app and I can view the service history but the standard multimedia system cannot be used as the car has no ability to make an internet connection directly or through a phone.

3 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Unless Lexus changed something for the facelift (as my IS 300h is a 2014 model) the Standard Nav (with the rotary wheel) does not support any connection to the internet - only the Premium Nav (with the mouse controller thing) can do this. I have the Lexus Link app and I can view the service history but the standard multimedia system cannot be used as the car has no ability to make an internet connection directly or through a phone.

Yes, my experience too with a variety of new or nearly new IS vehicles with the standard nav from 2014 to 2019 models. 

There is definitely a slight disappointment when, having gone through the process of accessing the portal and setting up with your car, you find out there isn’t really much you can do with a car with the standard nav.

• Like 2

Bounce; now that you've got your V5 you will first;

• need to set up your own personal Lexus Link Account, with your own password and personal details. visit   Lexus Link | Lexus UK
  • Once you have the account set up, you go to the car multimedia and link the car with your Lexus account. Better to do this when you're parked in front of your house in order that you can use your home WiFi. 
  • Also depending on the type of phone you have (Andriod or Apple) you go to the Google Play store or App Store to download the phone app for your phone, thus you can use connected services from your phone

If in doubt read the guide from this link: Lexus Link | Lexus UK  

17 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

There is definitely a slight disappointment when, having gone through the process of accessing the portal and setting up with your car, you find out there isn’t really much you can do with a car with the standard nav.

There is a slight disappointment when you have premium nav, set it all up and discover it wasn't really worth the effort as there isn't much you can do.

Connected Services however is a feature of the Premium Nav that the standard system doesn't have.

Given that you need a phone to provide the Internet connectivity, just use that. There are many different apps and services, all with much more functionality and easy of use, compared to the Lexus system.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Hi Bounce; I suppose i should have asked whether your car has Premium Navigation or the Standard Navigation?. As others have commented the features of the Standard Nav unit is limited. My earlier description applies to premium Nav which is what I have, thus i was only commenting from my own experience on how i went about the set-up. But regardless of the Nav system, just enjoy the car.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies everyone, I did wonder if this was the case as I am normally pretty good with tech stuff, I just wondered if there was something I was missing as I only have the standard Navigation.