Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally...Wireless CarPlay

I finally managed to have carplay installed yesterday at my Lexus dealer (Teesside).  They had some issues with the install and had the car all day, but all in all a fantastic job done by them with a loan car thrown in, and all for £80 including VAT.  A bargain in my view, particularly considering some of the horror stories I have read on here with people attempting self install with very mixed results, and at worst a system write off that is not covered by warranty.

I have since married CarPlay to a Cplay2air wireless system and it is fantastic.  Automatically connects when I get into the car and no wires required.

Fantastic system and so easy to install.  Highly recommended.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sheri1 said:

I finally managed to have carplay installed yesterday at my Lexus dealer (Teesside).  They had some issues with the install and had the car all day, but all in all a fantastic job done by them with a loan car thrown in, and all for £80 including VAT.  A bargain in my view, particularly considering some of the horror stories I have read on here with people attempting self install with very mixed results, and at worst a system write off that is not covered by warranty.

I have since married CarPlay to a Cplay2air wireless system and it is fantastic.  Automatically connects when I get into the car and no wires required.

Fantastic system and so easy to install.  Highly recommended.

If you donot mind me asking but whats is the cost and where you bought it from. Many thanks in advance.

Got one of the Carlinkit units which look identical to yours, not put much effort into installing it yet due to the weather and I’m a lazy old sod, but had a quick try. Tried to install the software, Autokit.apf file via the USB port, but couldn’t access the file. The system would only look for music or picture files. Oh well, something to do to keep me occupied when it’s nicer outside.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links