Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 minute ago, Chasdad said:

My rear side windows seem to be misting up on my recently purchased gs.

Is this a common issue.

Thanks 

It is if your airflows are not on, or your air con is not switched on .

Been through that Handbook yet old buddy ? That`s where all of the answer are John.

I leave my aircon switched on to AUTO all of the time.

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Just read the bit on air con, then John.

I get the feeling im annoying you .

You dont have to respond You know

I didnt think id need the aircon on to remove misty rear side windows.

Never had to in any other car

23 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

I get the feeling im annoying you .

You dont have to respond You know

I didnt think id need the aircon on to remove misty rear side windows.

Never had to in any other car

Not at all John, I am really happy to help. I have a bit on today as I`m on my own and as you know we men are not good at multitasking !

That`s why my responses are brief and seem curt. You are no bother whatsoever 😊

It really did take me a full 12 months before I realised I had (almost) mastered my car !

Not at all John, I am really happy to help. I have a bit on today as I`m on my own and as you know we men are not good at multitasking !

That`s why my responses are brief and seem curt. You are no bother whatsoever 😊

It really did take me a full 12 months before I realised I had (almost) mastered my car !

Thanks. Thought i was going to be back  to using Facebook for info

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Thanks. Thought i was going to be back  to using Facebook for info

I absolutely agree about having climate control on permanently, it not only clears misty windows quicker but it apparently causes less fatigue on longer journeys. I'm with you on the manual thing though, they drive me nuts, even more so when they're in Japanese!

28 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Just been out in it. Never had a car mist up so quick

And need aircon on so much

I leave it on all the time and the fan speed on low. I increase the fan speed if I need to clear windows quickly.

SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER;

*ask Lexus to replace the filter behind the glovebox (its possible that it might never have been changed)

*consider buying one or two of these dehumidifiers and leaving them in the car all the time. https://www.amazon.co.uk/KEPLIN-Dehumidifier-Reusable-Automotive-Condensation/dp/B08NWBWSZF/ref=sr_1_6?crid=PSI7FEHD551B&dchild=1&keywords=car+dehumidifier&qid=1612641088&sprefix=car%2Caps%2C198&sr=8-6

* make sure that all of the air vents in the car are open and directed onto the windows.

* the air temperature shown on the vents is as you want. Mine are set to degrees both sides.

Oh happy days John.😉

It's a difficult time of year for cars misting up, my Volvo one day last week literally had water running down the inside of the windscreen, my Celsior has had the odd bad day as well, other days absolutely fine, roll on summer!

1 hour ago, Chasdad said:

Nissan skyline .. about 500bhp. Rwd . No traction control. Driver aids 

Bloody lethal 

Always had a soft spot for the Skyline.  Wasn't the Z350 badged as Skyline in Japan?

The Nissan GTR is the fastest thing I've ever driven, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, I'd rather have one than any so called supercar, and when in "normal" driving mode it was quiet and comfortable.  It's not surprising Jeremy Clarkson yanked his neck out driving one.

10 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

The gtr are dropping in price. And have a few reliability issues. 

I've no intention of buying one, I'd end up too aquatinted with a lamppost.  Which reminds me, I've had two previous LS430's but the Celsior seems to be much quicker off the mark, whether it's tuned differently I don't know but it really does shift!