Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Absolutely Delighted with New IS 300h

I picked up my new Manganese Lustre  IS 300h with comfort pack & protection pack from Lexus Derby today, fantastic service.

I drove it back down to Kent & must say it was pleasure to drive & very comfortable.

I managed 54mpg over the 180 mile trip, mainly between 60 & 70mph, very impressed.

I have 2 quick questions that you experts may be able to help with?

The first question is, my 2 USB stick do not appear to work? They were ok in my V40 on the way up? Am I doing something wrong? I doesn't appear to see them.

The second question, is it possible to open the windows & close the windows on the remote like the V40?

Many thanks

Steve.

Glad you like the car, I got 54 mpg on a similar run earlier this week, wait until summer when you don't need the heater on, it gets even better. As for the USB sticks, I'm not sure, maybe it's the formatting, have you read the 900 page infotainment manual?

The windows can be key operated, but unfortunately a Lexus geezer has to plug his laptop in to activate the feature. I was going to get mine done but with the air con blowing through the seats I forgot all about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bounce75 said:

The first question is, my 2 USB stick do not appear to work?

It might be the USB formatting, as Paul says. Just to check, have you tried pressing the Media button on the radio repeatedly to cycle through the available inputs? I think the USB slots should be one of the options if you do this. Apologies if you've already tried this and it doesn't work.

Thanks both for your answers

I will speak to my local Lexus dealer & ask if they will enable the windows for me.

I have tried scrolling through, but it doesn't find the usb. I will reformat it tomorrow & then add a few mp3's & see if that works.

The dealer may want £60 or more, but there's people here who've done it with an app on their phone and a small OBD dongle. Someone will share more info shortly I'm sure. Otherwise, have a search on the forum.

2 hours ago, Bounce75 said:

will speak to my local Lexus dealer & ask if they will enable the windows for me.

You’ll have to give the media system time to read the structure of the usb stick. Perhaps it’s this. I would have thought it would play the first track in the first folder whilst doing this mind. I never had to reformat my usb stick, it just worked.

15 hours ago, Bounce75 said:

is it possible to open the windows & close the windows on the remote like the V40?

Many thanks

Have you tried pressing and holding the lock/unlock buttons to operate the windows?  If my car is locked, I can press and hold the unlock button and the windows open after about 5 secs.  Reverse procedure for closing them.  Can be a bit of a bu**er if working near the car with the keys in your pocket, I've operated it inadvertently when bending over and gone back indoors leaving all the windows open and car unlocked.  Luckily I have observant neighbours..

Thanks for the reply's.

I have figured the USB issue out, all the music was copied from my MacBook, but it looks like Lexus does not recognise Mac software.

I formatted it to fat 32 on my windows 10 laptop added the music & it now works.😀

I tried holding down the lock & unlock button for 5 - 10 secs, but still nothing, looks like a trip to dealers at some point.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bounce75 said:

I have figured the USB issue out, all the music was copied from my MacBook, but it looks like Lexus does not recognise Mac software.

Strange, copied mine directly from a Mac and all good..only tried it a couple of times though. The car picks up my phone and links to Spotify which seems a nice alternative for me

40 minutes ago, Brechin Slate said:

Strange, copied mine directly from a Mac and all good..only tried it a couple of times though. The car picks up my phone and links to Spotify which seems a nice alternative for me

How weird, perhaps it is the file ext I am using on the Mac?

I still can't get mine to show photos of a USB drive. It will play music and let me change the welcome screen graphic but will it do the slideshow? Will it heck as like. "But why do you want to do this Mincey?" I hear you all cry in unison. Well, the manual alludes* to the ability of the car to do it, and I need to show off to someone! 

@royoftherovers - here's what I mean :-)

image.thumb.png.71b6de3de32b2b1e6ae7cd7344a77433.png

• Like 1

when seeing your dealership i would only ask for the window UP

function to be enabled as you can unknowingly lower the windows,

this will more than likely happen on a rainy day so you'll end  up

with a wet interior.

when i bought my 1st lexus i was advised against having the down function

enabled.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 200h said:

enabled.

+1. I came back to my IS250 in a car park (luckily a quiet one) with all the windows down after my backside had inadvertently triggered the key's "all windows down" function.

23 hours ago, 200h said:

when seeing your dealership i would only ask for the window UP

function to be enabled as you can unknowingly lower the windows,

this will more than likely happen on a rainy day so you'll end  up

with a wet interior.

enabled.

I must admit I like the windows down feature as well, I have had it on my last 2 Volvos. 

I use it in the summer when I walk up to the car on a hot day, it lets some of the heat out, so I think I will request both.

51 minutes ago, Bounce75 said:

I must admit I like the windows down feature as well, I have had it on my last 2 Volvos. 

I use it in the summer when I walk up to the car on a hot day, it lets some of the heat out, so I think I will request both.

If you have Carista (or something similar that isn't a rip off price) you can set it yourself.

https://caristaapp.com

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

If you have Carista (or something similar that isn't a rip off price) you can set it yourself.

https://caristaapp.com

Thanks for that link, I will see what the dealer says first. Hopefully they will do it for free as I am just arranging a service plan with them.

Bounce once you’ve arranged your service plan, the good thing about it is that you don’t always have to drive to Derby, you can always do all services and anything to do with the car at your local or favourite Lexus dealer near your location. Enjoy the car and don’t forget to share some pictures once the snow clears

20 hours ago, Fatts said:

Bounce once you’ve arranged your service plan, the good thing about it is that you don’t always have to drive to Derby, you can always do all services and anything to do with the car at your local or favourite Lexus dealer near your location. Enjoy the car and don’t forget to share some pictures once the snow clears

Thanks Fatts,

I arranged the service plan today with my local Lexus dealer who is also going to program the windows for me.

I will post some pics soon.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 5:00 PM, Mincey said:

I still can't get mine to show photos of a USB drive. It will play music and let me change the welcome screen graphic but will it do the slideshow? Will it heck as like. "But why do you want to do this Mincey?" I hear you all cry in unison. Well, the manual alludes* to the ability of the car to do it, and I need to show off to someone! 

@royoftherovers - here's what I mean 🙂

image.thumb.png.71b6de3de32b2b1e6ae7cd7344a77433.png

Apologies, looks like I've posted something very similar, did you ever get to the bottom of this?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brechin Slate said:

Apologies, looks like I've posted something very similar, did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Not so far. I can change the start up screen images, but no slideshows of jpgs.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2021 at 10:31 PM, Fatts said:

I'm not sure that's true.

The Extended Warranty is a nationwide thing and you can take the car anywhere to have warranty work done, but service plans are dealer-group-specific.

I've just taken out a service plan with Lexus Preston, part of the Vantage Group, which means that I could get my servicing done at Lexus Leeds because they are also part of the Vantage Group. However, I couldn't go to Lexus Bolton or Lexus Teeside, both of which I believe are part of the RMB Group - different franchise and different financial entity.

18 minutes ago, Herbie said:

I'm not sure that's true.

The Extended Warranty is a nationwide thing and you can take the car anywhere to have warranty work done, but service plans are dealer-group-specific.

I've just taken out a service plan with Lexus Preston, part of the Vantage Group, which means that I could get my servicing done at Lexus Leeds because they are also part of the Vantage Group. However, I couldn't go to Lexus Bolton or Lexus Teeside, both of which I believe are part of the RMB Group - different franchise and different financial entity.

Agree, I took a service plan that is only with Stoke.