Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Absolutely Delighted with New IS 300h

36 minutes ago, Herbie said:

I'm not sure that's true.

The Extended Warranty is a nationwide thing and you can take the car anywhere to have warranty work done, but service plans are dealer-group-specific.

I've just taken out a service plan with Lexus Preston, part of the Vantage Group, which means that I could get my servicing done at Lexus Leeds because they are also part of the Vantage Group. However, I couldn't go to Lexus Bolton or Lexus Teeside, both of which I believe are part of the RMB Group - different franchise and different financial entity.

I took my service plan out with the Motorline group which covers my 3 local Dealers, Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells & Canterbury. 

I could have arranged it with Lexus Derby, but the nearest Dealer I could use is Guilford, too far away from me really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

I'm not sure that's true.

The Extended Warranty is a nationwide thing and you can take the car anywhere to have warranty work done, but service plans are dealer-group-specific.

I've just taken out a service plan with Lexus Preston, part of the Vantage Group, which means that I could get my servicing done at Lexus Leeds because they are also part of the Vantage Group. However, I couldn't go to Lexus Bolton or Lexus Teeside, both of which I believe are part of the RMB Group - different franchise and different financial entity.

I`m sure that you are sure that it is NOT true Herbie !

Do you mean RRG Group Herbie ?

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Sorry, Herbie, I have Teeside with RMB and Bolton with RRG

Sorry, my mistake, but I'm sure you'll get the gist of what I meant 😊

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 7:11 PM, Bounce75 said:

I picked up my new Manganese Lustre  IS 300h with comfort pack & protection pack from Lexus Derby today, fantastic service.

I drove it back down to Kent & must say it was pleasure to drive & very comfortable.

I managed 54mpg over the 180 mile trip, mainly between 60 & 70mph, very impressed.

I have 2 quick questions that you experts may be able to help with?

The first question is, my 2 USB stick do not appear to work? They were ok in my V40 on the way up? Am I doing something wrong? I doesn't appear to see them.

The second question, is it possible to open the windows & close the windows on the remote like the V40?

Many thanks

Steve.

Can I ask , why did you go all the way to Derby to buy a Lexus ? . Several dealers in Kent , I use Canterbury. Also , what colour is Mangalese ???.

2 hours ago, Dealkent said:

Can I ask , why did you go all the way to Derby to buy a Lexus ? . Several dealers in Kent , I use Canterbury. Also , what colour is Mangalese ???.

I went to Lexus Derby because they were offering the best price for a Pre registered IS 300h with del mileage, including Comfort & Protection Pack. They also offered me a great PX for my 2015 Volvo V40 D4.

I did speak to my local Dealer Lexus Maidstone, but the best they could offer me was a base model in Masa red ( I wanted a different colour this time as the Volvo was red). It was also £2k more!!

Manganese Lustre is quite a rare colour for the IS apparently, it is described as Bronze on the Reg documents, but it sometimes looks grey depending on the sunlight.

I have taken the service plan out with Motorline Lexus which means I can use Maidstone, Canterbury or T/Wells.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bounce75 said:

Manganese Lustre is quite a rare colour for the IS apparently, it is described as Bronze on the Reg documents, but it sometimes looks grey depending on the sunlight.

I have taken the service plan out with Motorline Lexus which means I can use Maidstone, Canterbury or T/Wells.

Any chance of some photos of your steed?

"I have taken the service plan out with Motorline Lexus which means I can use Maidstone, Canterbury or T/Wells."

OR Heathrow, Bristol, Cardiff, and Gatwick Steve.

Let us all know of what you think about Motorline as they do not figure as a recommended go organisation.

57 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

"I have taken the service plan out with Motorline Lexus which means I can use Maidstone, Canterbury or T/Wells."

OR Heathrow, Bristol, Cardiff, and Gatwick Steve.

Let us all know of what you think about Motorline as they do not figure as a recommended go organisation.

I certainly will John, all I can say at the moment is Lexus Maidstone were very good with my Sat Nav update & even dropped the car back off to me at work to save me driving back up to them.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links