Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Hello

I'm thinking of selling my LS430 for personal reasons.

Can members give me an estimated realistic price I should advertise it for. 

A bit about the car - 

It's got 197k on it and it's a 2003. 

Mechanically absolutely sound. No issues at all. Just the CD player doesn't work. 

Extra gearbox radiator installed. 

I've serviced it on time every time. 

I think it's a bit rare because it's black with black interior. And it's got factory fitted coils so it's non air suspension from factory. No rear seat functions.

LPG converted 9 months ago. 

 

What's my LS430 worth? 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20210207-200344__01.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly it probably isn't worth as much as you hope.  The mileage is high but LPG and coils will help. Personally I would think 2.5k tops.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A part of me is saying to just keep it. If I ain't going to use it then perhaps SORN it and store it till when I need it. But it looks like I'll probably have to let it go for less than what I'd wish I would want for it. 

The mileage to me is not an issue if kept well but I know buyers won't look at it the way I will. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Abid221 said:

A part of me is saying to just keep it. If I ain't going to use it then perhaps SORN it and store it till when I need it. But it looks like I'll probably have to let it go for less than what I'd wish I would want for it. 

The mileage to me is not an issue if kept well but I know buyers won't look at it the way I will. 

 

I was just going to say "why on Earth do you want to sell an appreciating asset?

I`d keep it and run it on an occasional basis. Discus low mileage options with your Insurance Company and buy a CTEX Battery Charger to maintain the condition of the Battery. If you SORN it you will still have to insure it and brakes will rust and seize and other events will occur through non-use.

If you sell it you will se it advertised for £5000 and you will not sleep at night !

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I was just going to say "why on Earth do you want to sell an appreciating asset?

I`d keep it and run it on an occasional basis. Discus low mileage options with your Insurance Company and buy a CTEX Battery Charger to maintain the condition of the battery. If you SORN it you will still have to insure it and brakes will rust and seize and other events will occur through non-use.

If you sell it you will se it advertised for £5000 and you will not sleep at night !

That's definitely an idea. I'll chat to my insurance and see what they say. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Abid221 said:

That's definitely an idea. I'll chat to my insurance and see what they say. 

I would agree with John's idea about keeping it if you can, you'll miss it when its gone, I know, I've been there!  The other thing to bear in mind is it's a pre facelift so marginally less desirable in that respect when it comes to selling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say factory fitted non-air suspension plus LPG  ( who installed that tho' ? ) make it quite a desirable car BUT have the UCAs etc been renewed ever ? ....  that lot's going to cost a pretty penny when they need replacing for sure !

Malc

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership