Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nx300h F-Sport or Premier?????

If you would have to choose between f-port and premier what would you chose?

I like very much the f-sport front grill and the alloy wheels, 2 tones interior compared with the premier version.

Also I wish to have a few options available on premier like 360° cameras, heated wheel, better sound system. 

Budget £20000so will be 2015-2016 models.

More info:

The NX 300h F Sport gains a series of dedicated styling features as well as further equipment: –

• 18-inch alloys with two-tone finish
  • Headlights with LED high and low beam functions
  • F Sport heated electric front seats with lumbar support
  • F Sport suspension with performance dampers
  • Electric steering column adjustment
  • Power tailgate
  • Wireless smartphone charger

At the top of the range the Premier model builds on the Luxury specification with: –

• 18-inch alloys with dedicated design
  • Headlights with LED high and low beam functions
  • Auto-dimming door mirrors
  • Heated and ventilated front seats with lumbar support
  • Driver’s seat position memory
  • Mark Levinson audio system
  • Card key
  • Lexus Premium Navigation
  • 360-degree panoramic view
  • Automatic high beam
  • Lane Keep Assist
  • Head-up Display
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert
  • Heated steering wheel

I have shortlisted and also paid a small deposit for a 2015 f-sport but now I've seen a Premier version same year and similar price. I like the the look of the f-sport but will miss some optiond from Premier version. 

My hart is torn apart! :))

Which ever you go for they're both fine cars?

I went for the F-sport with Pan-roof and Prem-Nav mainly for the look of the F-sport the front grille makes the car have a presents about it.

The extra's the Premier give which I really liked, after having test driven the Prem were the sound system, vented and memory front seats.

Hope this helps you in making your choice?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, as13 said:

Which ever you go for they're both fine cars?

I went for the F-sport with Pan-roof and Prem-Nav mainly for the look of the F-sport the front grille makes the car have a presents about it.

The extra's the Premier give which I really liked, after having test driven the Prem were the sound system, vented and memory front seats.

Hope this helps you in making your choice?

I incline to finalise  the purchase bases on the same opinion. 

Is there any improvement in the drive mode, is it actually sportier, than non F-Sport models or just estetic differences? 

I have not driven any of them. Is my first NX.

F-Sport tends to have a much firmer suspension set-up. If it has AVS then the suspension will be adjusted automatically depending on driving style, road surface and driver selected option. 

• Thanks 1

I believe that is correct, the car will detect lack of traction and will enable the rear drive as required.

It may also engage under max acceleration to give the extra boost from the second motor 

6 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

F-Sport tends to have a much firmer suspension set-up. If it has AVS then the suspension will be adjusted automatically depending on driving style, road surface and driver selected option. 

Was hoping in a few extra HP....actualy do you know if the car has 150 or 190(don't remember exact numbers? I find lots of descriptions with both values.

FSport drive train is identical, but tighter handling due to less body roll and slightly heavier steering. If you're going for an FSport (we have one) then you must insist on changing to Michellin Cross Climate tyres. With those tyres the ride over normal roads is almost on par with a non FSport, but still tighter handling in the corners. FSport + Michellin Cross Climates for the best combination of ride quality and handling.

Also, I would say if you can add AVS as that will further improve the FSport ride.

1 minute ago, LordByronUK said:

FSport drive train is identical, but tighter handling due to less body roll and slightly heavier steering. If you're going for an FSport (we have one) then you must insist on changing to Michellin Cross Climate tyres. With those tyres the ride over normal roads is almost on par with a non FSport, but still tighter handling in the corners. FSport + Michellin Cross Climates for the best combination of ride quality and handling.

Also, I would say if you can add AVS as that will further improve the FSport ride.

It is going to be 2015 so won't be able to add options. 

What year model do you have?

6 hours ago, Rew1 said:

Also is it true that actualy the AWD is engaged only in certain situation and the car drives mainly as a FWD?

I'm coming from a A6 quattro.

Mainly FWD. There is a second electric motor which drives the rear wheels either under hard acceleration or if the front wheels haven't got traction.

Total system power output is around 195 bhp but you will see some people just quote the petrol engine output which is 153 bhp.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paulrnx said:

I’m sure there are lots of threads that have covered this sort of choice before.

I went trough all 28 pages and I can say that thee is only one similar thread.

14 hours ago, Rew1 said:

I went trough all 28 pages and I can say that thee is only one similar thread.

Fair enough. I thought there would have been more. I’m sure I’ve commented on quite a few. Perhaps I haven’t.

Hi, I had the same dilemma last week, I found 1 f sport and 1 premier which had the right condition,history,price and owners but when I compared the features of both I went for the premier which was 2k more but was from lexus with the warranty and had done 18k less mileage with ivory interior and only 1 lady owner from new, but I do understand what you mean as I also liked the grill and alloys of f sport but many do say their seats and ride are alot firmer too so compare both both inside and out and go for the one that feels right for you,  good luck 

7 minutes ago, MR DSB said:

Hi, I had the same dilemma last week, I found 1 f sport and 1 premier which had the right condition,history,price and owners but when I compared the features of both I went for the premier which was 2k more but was from lexus with the warranty and had done 18k less mileage with ivory interior and only 1 lady owner from new, but I do understand what you mean as I also liked the grill and alloys of f sport but many do say their seats and ride are alot firmer too so compare both both inside and out and go for the one that feels right for you,  good luck 

I incline towards F-sport mainly because of estetics but is such a hard decision as I like very much all the features Premier has. 

What year model you went for?

1 minute ago, MR DSB said:

2015,white with ivory interior with pan roof, I'm sure you will enjoy your new car 

Super combination! I also shortlisted a 2015 with panoramic roof, 2 tone interior and navigation plus. Going to see it today.

Such a dissapointment that we can't have premier pack on pre 2018 models.

I’ve owned 6 Lexus including an NX Premier which was very nice with comfortable seats but a test drive in an NX F Sport can me crippling back ache after 30 minutes.  The lumbar adjustment (for me) is poor and I found my lower back wasn’t supported properly.  I didn’t have this issue in the NX Premier.  I’ve driven and owned other F Sport models such as the GS and RX without seat issue.  Always worth an extended test drive to check seat comfort.
The NX F Sport though does look very, very good over other trim levels.

• Thanks 1

It gets proper finicky but I'm pretty sure that the 2015 F sport had a prem pack upgrade which would allow you to keep the styling of the F but get the extra toys of the prem. I could be wrong as it's been a while since I last had a perusal of the NX range.

Just now, LordByronUK said:

We have a 2016 FSport, so it also has navigation, unlike previous year non premium models.

I finalised the purchase for an F-Sport in the end. 

Now I need to update the map as is a 2015 version and to discover all the "hidden features"(hope to find something). On eBay is £25 an sd card with 2020 v2.

Anyone knows if there is any update for the infotainment system?

On 2/10/2021 at 11:00 PM, Arnett said:

It gets proper finicky but I'm pretty sure that the 2015 F sport had a prem pack upgrade which would allow you to keep the styling of the F but get the extra toys of the prem. I could be wrong as it's been a while since I last had a perusal of the NX range.

Definitely not! So disappointed, only for models 2018 and up.