Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nx300h F-Sport or Premier?????

3 minutes ago, Silversalmon said:

I'd be v keen to see how it works out, I'm keen to update also.  Thanks for sharing the info. Ed

£25 was. I will let you know today.

I'm about to buy a 2016 F-Sport tmrw.

Every single review seems to say the stereo has a terrible user interface. Coming from an Rx450 with the joystick/mouse sure I'll cope though! Mine seems to have the bog standard 8 speaker basic nav package with a rotary control rather than the touchpad. Most other F-sports seem to have the remote touchpad. Is this the case that most original owners specced up (except mine!).

Presumably I still get wireless charging as Fsport? But unclear if this includes AD2P media streaming etc.

2 hours ago, jb111s said:

I'm about to buy a 2016 F-Sport tmrw.

Every single review seems to say the stereo has a terrible user interface. Coming from an Rx450 with the joystick/mouse sure I'll cope though! Mine seems to have the bog standard 8 speaker basic nav package with a rotary control rather than the touchpad. Most other F-sports seem to have the remote touchpad. Is this the case that most original owners specced up (except mine!).

Presumably I still get wireless charging as Fsport? But unclear if this includes AD2P media streaming etc.

If you have the Convenience pack you will get the wireless charging pad.

Just purchased an F-Sport after a lot of research so I can offer my opinion if you need. What budget you have?

10 hours ago, Silversalmon said:

I'd be v keen to see how it works out, I'm keen to update also.  Thanks for sharing the info. Ed

No problems whatsoever, everything is working fine. I have not seen anything new interface wise. 

There is one thing I can't figure out:

how to set up the navigation map in order to see the arrival time or miles to destination like I have on my wife's IS250 from 2006!?

7 hours ago, Rew1 said:

If you have the Convenience pack you will get the wireless charging pad.

Just purchased an F-Sport after a lot of research so I can offer my opinion if you need. What budget you have?

Many thanks. It’s an f sport so assume has wireless charging as standard? 2016 model but appears to have the 7” display but control knob rather than the trackpad. All others seem to have the trackpad, but it’s in the colour I’ve been after and otherwise looks great.

Paying 19.4 for 2016, 70k

7 hours ago, Rew1 said:

There is one thing I can't figure out:

how to set up the navigation map in order to see the arrival time or miles to destination like I have on my wife's IS250 from 2006!?

Move the cursor over that portion of the screen and click. It should then show you two options - travel time or arrival time. I think this is right. I’ll check for sure next time I’m in my car.

1 hour ago, jb111s said:

Many thanks. It’s an f sport so assume has wireless charging as standard? 2016 model but appears to have the 7” display but control knob rather than the trackpad. All others seem to have the trackpad, but it’s in the colour I’ve been after and otherwise looks great.

Paying 19.4 for 2016, 70k

Is the standard navigation pack.

More info here:

https://blog.lexus.co.uk/lexus-navigation-system/?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

Do you have panoramic roof, reverse camera or 2 tone leather?

What about premier model? Have considered it?

I can share the content of the Map Update sd card 2000-2021 v2  if someone is interested. Actualy is not updating anything, the os reads the map from the sd card.

Not sure uf just copying on another sd card will work!

• Like 1

In response to the OP, I believe the best compromise is a F-Sport with Premier/Takumi pack. You get the looks of the F-Sport... with the extras from the Premier/Takumi.

I have just upgraded my pre facelift white F-Sport (which had premium navigation) to a mesa red F-Sport with Takumi pack and gained, in addition to the extras that came with the facelifted F-Sport model:

- Mark Levinson audio system
- wide screen satnav (which I am getting upgraded to accept Google Maps, etc.)
- blind spot monitor
- head up display
- Sport and Sport + modes
- All-round camera
- Heated steering wheel
- panoramic roof (which I had as an extra on my previous NX)

I think - may be wrong on that one - that the only thing that might be missing is the memory function for the electric seats and the heated rear seats.

59 minutes ago, DanD said:

In response to the OP, I believe the best compromise is a F-Sport with Premier/Takumi pack. You get the looks of the F-Sport... with the extras from the Premier/Takumi.

I have just upgraded my pre facelift white F-Sport (which had premium navigation) to a mesa red F-Sport with Takumi pack and gained, in addition to the extras that came with the facelifted F-Sport model:

- blind spot monitor
- head up display
- All-round camera
- Heated steering wheel

I think - may be wrong on that one - that the only thing that might be missing is the memory function for the electric seats and the heated rear seats.

What year model? Only 2019 and up, all at a different price point. For that money Premier pack is a must.

8 hours ago, DanD said:

- blind spot monitor
- head up display
- All-round camera
- Heated steering wheel

No, you're right, those two features are missing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 1:57 PM, DanD said:

- blind spot monitor
- head up display
- All-round camera
- Heated steering wheel

Very nice!

Where are the pictures? Mesa red is one of my favourite Lexus colours to be fair.

Its a bit unusual that the memoy pack isnt included on the takumi pack models. 

On 2/17/2021 at 1:57 PM, DanD said:

+ ventilated seats and keycard.

On 3/6/2021 at 11:32 AM, rayaans said:

Very nice!

Where are the pictures? Mesa red is one of my favourite Lexus colours to be fair.

Its a bit unusual that the memoy pack isnt included on the takumi pack models. 

I thank you.

Oddly, the car  does not have memory seats, but the rear mirrors do dip down when you put the car in reverse. I always thought you could not have one without the other.

The car was registered in May 2018, but has covered just over 11,000 miles. It was supposedly a management team. Still has that new smell.

20210225_162422.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanD said:

I thank you.

Oddly, the car  does not have memory seats, but the rear mirrors do dip down when you put the car in reverse. I always thought you could not have one without the other.

The car was registered in May 2018, but has covered just over 11,000 miles. It was supposedly a management team. Still has that new smell.

20210225_162422.jpg

^^ Very nice. Having had quotes for a new NX with the Premium Sport pack that also seems to have the ‘mirror dip’ function without memory seats.