Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does anyone know this IS250C?

Spotted yesterday in St John's Wood Road, opposite Lord's Cricket Ground. Must be local because plates show Lexus Edgware Road. Looks like it's taken a nasty knock on the osf wing though!

IMG_20210207_154207970.jpg

IMG_20210207_154229146.jpg

Edited by MartinH
change title from 250 to 250C

Doesn't look like a recent dent... Lexus metalwork even when completely exposed takes very very long time to rust - it must have taken years for panel to rust like that.

What I am saying - I wouldn't worry notifying the owner about their car being damaged... this is not hit and run, at least not recent one.

9 minutes ago, MartinH said:

Ah, that wing panel differs from the saloon's?

Yeah, different part code. Not sure what the difference is, it may just be because it doesn't have a hole in it for the side repeater but could have different mounting or even different dimensions.

16 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Yeah, different part code. Not sure what the difference is, it may just be because it doesn't have a hole in it for the side repeater but could have different mounting or even different dimensions.

Face-lift saloon does not have side-repeater on wing either. It was moved to the side of the mirror. Just saying that it is not a hole for the repeater which is different. To be fair visually they look the same... 

Besides part like this could be ordered directly from Lexus, it won't be cheap, but I don't see it costing more than £400-500 to fix. Or just use PDR - I heard they make miracles 😁

Headlamp would appear to be slightly damaged as well.  That's roughly $1300 ex Japan and again is differant to the saloon.  Apparently there is no aftermarket alternative either.

I believe the only body panel shared with the saloon is the bonnet.

For the damage as it is on headlight, I would just leave it - it is tiny chip and does not impact the function or anything else.

After some research I tend to believe that front wing, bonnet and headlights are the same as saloon. The bumper is different style, but technically compatible. Mirrors and windscreen are the same. The rest of body parts are all different (by which I mean physically incompatible). That is my understanding, but anyone trying this should do it at their own risk, because part numbers are different.

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links