Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Roadside for non Lexus Cars

My wife has the lexus extended for her IS300H which includes Road side assistance, she has added me on as a partner at the same address, I have my own card. I don’t drive a Lexus and I’ve had a issue with mine, it won’t start, Will the Lexus Roadside cover my car and would they recover only to a Lexus Dealer, my local mechanic is 2 minutes drive away. I cancelled my AA thinking I had full cover but looks like only recovering to a Lexus dealer would be of no use to me.

9 minutes ago, Casa1862 said:

My wife has the lexus extended for her IS300H which includes Road side assistance, she has added me on as a partner at the same address, I have my own card. I don’t drive a Lexus and I’ve had a issue with mine, it won’t start, Will the Lexus Roadside cover my car and would they recover only to a Lexus Dealer, my local mechanic is 2 minutes drive away. I cancelled my AA thinking I had full cover but looks like only recovering to a Lexus dealer would be of no use to me.

Cover is actually provided by the AA (on behalf of Lexus) for whatever car you or your wife is driving at the time you call them and so I would assume they would recover you to the nearest garage that could handle the problem with your car. 

• Thanks 1

4 OTHER VEHICLE ASSISTANCE SERVICE (UK SERVICE)

1. 4.1  If any Other Vehicle suffers a Breakdown at Your Home then, on request, We will send a mechanic to Your Home as soon as possible at no cost to You or Your Partner in order to determine and, if possible, repair the fault so as to enable the Other Vehicle to be safely driven again. You or Your Partner will not have to pay for Our Service Contractor’s mechanic’s labour costs but will have to pay for any replacement parts or consumable items that he has to fit or add to the Other Vehicle to make drivable again.

2. 4.2  If any Other Vehicle suffers a Breakdown on a Road away from Your Home in the United Kingdom then, on request, We will send a mechanic to the scene of the Breakdown as soon as possible at no cost to You or Your Partner in order to determine and, if possible, repair the fault so as to enable the Other Vehicle to be safely driven again. You or Your Partner will not have to pay for Our Service Contractor’s mechanic’s labour costs but You will have to pay for any replacement parts or consumable items that he has to fit or add to the Other Vehicle in order to make it drivable again.

3. 4.3  If the mechanic We send to the scene of the Breakdown is unable to repair the Other Vehicle there in a reasonable time so as to enable it to be safely driven again, then, on request, We will arrange for the Other Vehicle to be transported from the scene of the Breakdown to a local repairer. Alternatively We will arrange for the Other Vehicle to be transported from the scene of the Breakdown to a single destination in the United Kingdom of Your choice or (in Your absence) that of Your Partner at no cost to You or Your Partner. The Registered Keeper or the driver of the Other Vehicle will then be responsible for arranging for the Other Vehicle to be repaired at their own cost including any further transportation costs.

4. 4.4  If we transport the Other Vehicle in accordance with Clause 4.3 We will take up to 8 people to the same destination at no cost to You or Your Partner provided that (i) each person was travelling with You at the time of the breakdown; and (ii) each person behaves properly during transit. We may use more than one vehicle for this purpose. Any person under the age of 16 whom we transport must be accompanied by an adult.

5. 4.5  If We transport Your Car in accordance with Clause 4.3 We are not under any obligation to transport or to arrange the transport of any animal. Our Service Contractor may however do so at their discretion save that no onward transport will be provided for horses, livestock or dangerous animals. If provided, such transport will be at Your risk or that of the Authorised Driver. Further, You or the Authorised Driver will be responsible for safely securing such animal during transit. We will not be responsible for insuring any animal during transit and may terminate the transport of an animal if it represents a safety risk.

• Thanks 1

Yes, excellent service from Lexus/AA

Turned out to be a duff Battery! I thought it was less than 3 years old but turned out to be more closer to 5 years. Original Battery lasted 8 years and the replacement was the same GM part so assumed life would be about the same. AA charged £135 fitted for a Bosch which I don’t think too bad.

Still got a glow plugs error code but seems to start fine, I’ll get it booked in for a full service and get them to look then. It’s a 08 Astra which refuses to give up and been a great car, leave where you like, skip runs, no worry about parking dings! 1st time needed breakdown cover in 13 years of ownership so done well, and Battery maintenance anyway.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links