Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grill filler...

So as you do, I got bored and took my front plate off the other day pre snowstorm and it's got this stunning big old grill. 

Has anyone successfully got the grill "cut outs" filled in so they can place a different type of slim line plate on ? 

IMG-20210205-WA0003.jpeg

IMG-20210205-WA0000.jpeg

2 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Looking were the mounting holes are you could already fit a much smaller plate if thats what you mean? 

Correct, However I'd like to have it offset and flat on the bodywork under the light to show the spindle in all of its glory. 

Or effectively fully chav it up and just keep it on the window..😂

• Haha 1

Looks like the European and US vehicles have a different part code for that lower grille - I wonder if the US one is filled in and the European one has the cut out for the number plate.

52112-24030 (GRILLE, RADIATOR, LOWER) in US

52112-24040 (GRILLE, RADIATOR, LOWER) in Europe

Maybe there is some other difference, I would have thought they all come whole and you need to cut them if required.

The GS F and RC F use the same part.

23 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Looks like the European and US vehicles have a different part code for that lower grille - I wonder if the US one is filled in and the European one has the cut out for the number plate.

52112-24030 (GRILLE, RADIATOR, LOWER) in US

52112-24040 (GRILLE, RADIATOR, LOWER) in Europe

Maybe there is some other difference, I would have thought they all come whole and you need to cut them if required.

The GS F and RC F use the same part.

The European one looks pre cut in the part image I've found you can see two sections without the pattern

I'll have a look into the American one may be we to make that work. 

If not, lollisticks & paint let's art attack.

Screenshot_20210210-213144.png

1 hour ago, Arnett said:

Correct, However I'd like to have it offset and flat on the bodywork under the light to show the spindle in all of its glory. 

Or effectively fully chav it up and just keep it on the window..😂

Got to say it will look miles better than standard not in the dashboard though jesus no.