Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Multple Issues

RX400h 2007

Firstly I have been through the issues associated with water ingress in these vehicles.

Interior gutted and carpets removed, drained of water and dehumidifier running inside for a week whilst carpets were cleaned and dried. All seams sealed that were advised on this forum. Interior refitted. New Bosch Battery fitted and car worked ok. That was early 2020 until today.

Car has been on my drive and covered in snow with Battery on maintenance charger.  Started car and left it with engine running whilst I dealt with snow. Returning some 10 minutes later to interior of car I found 2 messages flashing on screen. Engine was still running. Messages were ‘Check VSC and Check Hybrid System’

Display showed hybrid Battery nearly fully charged. Disconnected Battery for half hour and refitted – no change. Somethings were found NOT to work:

Rear boot door could not be opened either manually or on remote.

Both rear passenger door would not open.

All running light not working except hazard lights.

Steering wheel would not move to driving position automatically but did manually with control on side.

Both mirrors would not move to driving position or tilt.

Cruise function not operating.

Somethings did work unexpectedly:

Fuel filler flap.

Radio

Display

Wipers – did not try screen washers

Back and front screen heaters

I ran the engine in drive position with footbrake applied and display showed hybrid batter fully charged in green. One strange thing I found is that the temperature on the display had switched to Fahrenheit. Have disconnected Battery a few times before but not had that switch. Relevant?

I am hoping just a fuse(s) blown because of frozen electrics but looking for a common denominator.

Can anyone offer suggestions or guidance about possible fuse location? Or any other help.

Do you have Toyota shop Techstream diagnostic. You really need this to determine the engine errors?

I had the same problems. Once you get the HV Battery bone dry you should be OK. Techstream is useful to clear the codes.

You'll get VSC persisting. Once the Check Hybrid has cleared and the engine is running consistently get it out on the road for a good run with plenty of hot air blowing to floor (recirculate with AC on and max heat – 2 coil system will cycle warm dry air – absorbs up moisture – AC condenses it – returns warm dry air and so on).

You will be able to clear VSC with Techstream.

Very likely the 12v Battery voltage has fallen below 11v. Check it with a voltmeter.

If you connect the techstream or another good diagnostic tool you should see the 12v Battery voltage recorded.

Look at the " freeze frame ", there you will find the sequence of events prior to the display of any codes.

Chris.

• Like 1

Agree with Mihanicos.

Very likely your 12 v Battery from under the hood is either depleted or dead.

1st check the voltage to be more then 12V.

If not, use a charger to bring back Battery to 12.5V.

If after that still got those 2 blinking, then for sure you need to use the diagnostic software - Techstream.

But i am 90% that this is from 12V Battery.

Firstly I have been through the issues associated with water ingress in these vehicles.

Interior gutted and carpets removed, drained of water and dehumidifier running inside for a week whilst carpets were cleaned and dried. All seams sealed that were advised on this forum. Interior refitted. New Bosch Battery fitted and car worked ok. That was early 2020 until today.

Car has been on my drive and covered in snow with Battery on maintenance charger.  Started car and left it with engine running whilst I dealt with snow. Returning some 10 minutes later to interior of car I found 2 messages flashing on screen. Engine was still running. Messages were ‘Check VSC and Check Hybrid System’

If you did have water intrusion that is most likely the problem. POAA6 526 / 612 code = short in HV Battery case = Red Check Hybrid light

But it is also true if you've got a hinky aux Battery that too will bring on the dash Blackpool lights!

But, you drained water – that's my first bet. You got shorted.