Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F owners UK

10 minutes ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

not a fan of the black wheels!!!!!! lost its originality

They're only coated and are the stock rims. Should be able to get them back to stock. 

Love seeing that every GSF I see listed since I've bought mine is just getting more expensive 😂📈

2 minutes ago, Arnett said:

They're only coated and are the stock rims. Should be able to get them back to stock. 

Love seeing that every GSF I see listed since I've bought mine is just getting more expensive 😂📈

if they are original diamond cut then its a costly change, they seem to be going up yeah!! the blue one went on here for 33k i think so an absolute bargain!!

Just now, ISF V8 JAY said:

if they are original diamond cut then its a costly change, they seem to be going up yeah!! the blue one went on here for 33k i think so an absolute bargain!!

Private sales will always be less than dealer though - but I didn't pay far off 33.  Have to say, though I'm yet to pick the car up, Asim at Monza is really good to deal with.  Loves the GSF too, hence having sold a few of them already!

1 minute ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

In the 5 years of following the GSF I am yet to see in the UK market one come up with the original diamond cut wheels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, speedfreek said:

Private sales will always be less than dealer though - but I didn't pay far off 33.  Have to say, though I'm yet to pick the car up, Asim at Monza is really good to deal with.  Loves the GSF too, hence having sold a few of them already!

its good that you can deal with a enthusiast rather than a salesman, jesus thats a great deal!!!!!  

1 minute ago, Fair and square said:

In the 5 years of following the GSF I am yet to see in the UK market one come up with the original diamond cut wheels.

my bad haha the smoked chrome finish looks like diamond cut finish lol so a cheap full refurb would do the trick, think il wait for the right blue one to come along.

4 minutes ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

my bad haha the smoked chrome finish looks like diamond cut finish lol so a cheap full refurb would do the trick, think il wait for the right blue one to come along.

The diamond cut finish is stunning, but I believe in the UK, brand new, Lexus decided against it.

They look so different but yet, are the same.

2019_Lexus_GS_F_006_01F79015C8C472A1E74F6DC19D613392DE866D0A-1500x1000.jpg

2016-lexus-gs-f-3.5-star-car.jpg

2 hours ago, Fair and square said:

When I bought mine from Lexus Liverpool they verbally told me car had diamond cut alloys ,how do I tell if they are ???please

AFC3FDEF-C24C-4F83-80E7-8976B3535FF6.jpeg

A9259BC2-2615-4D80-B957-A1D8746DB704.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Guys had quick look at black leather there is blue undertones 

E8AA8A46-DE94-404B-A329-C7060B670876.jpeg

84D34BAD-E537-44A4-BD7B-91D6D82AA640.jpeg

020C8E1E-85DD-4F23-933D-118FDAAD9250.jpeg

That bottom pic is excellent. Looks more blue than black. If Lexus called it black then fair enough, but it’s more like a midnight blue, and as previously stated in the thread, if you look through the perforation at a particular angle, is more like a navy blue. Anyway, I’ll call it Lexus Blacknblue from now on!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

When I bought mine from Lexus Liverpool they verbally told me car had diamond cut alloys ,how do I tell if they are ???please

That's easy - they aren't. No GS Fs sold in the UK had diamond cut alloys - it wasn't an option.

Diamond cut is easy to identify - it is shiny non-painted machined surface.

Here is some info on the wheels just to make you feel better - they are still special

https://blog.lexus.co.uk/forging-ahead-with-lexus-alloy-wheels/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

That's easy - they aren't. No GS Fs sold in the UK had diamond cut alloys - it wasn't an option.

Diamond cut is easy to identify - it is shiny non-painted machined surface.

Here is some info on the wheels just to make you feel better - they are still special

https://blog.lexus.co.uk/forging-ahead-with-lexus-alloy-wheels/

Many thanks for clarification 👍.here I was thinking grey is turning gold😂😂😂

4 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

? They are all the same on the GS F - all hand polished smooth and painted the same colour.

You may right, just had another look, the raised spokes are flat which may be reflecting more light than the curved lower ones.

7 minutes ago, Rensin55 said:

You may right, just had another look, the raised spokes are flat which may be reflecting more light than the curved lower ones.

Yes I think that is it, the flat surface reflects the light differently especially as the paint is metallic.