Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F owners UK

14 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

https://www.monzamotorhouse.co.uk/cars/lexus/gs/f5.0v8/393684/

Wonder if it was this one?

May have rmeoved the side skirts by looks of things.

Pretty sure we discussed this car on here?

100% same car. 

The images of the interior are the ones that had originally been utilised in the ad. Meaning a large majority of those photos are not accurate Vs actual current quality of vehicle. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 9:16 PM, Pielight said:

Prices seem crazy high. Mine is August 2017 with 30500 miles, so going off that I could get as much as the 35k I paid almost 2 years ago for it with 19500 miles!

what colour and spec?👀

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 9:54 AM, s_a15 said:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111259957554?atmobcid=soc3

This one looks like a well cared for example,  2 owner car with full Lexus history and the "big" 60k service completed recently as confirmed by the dealer.  

It's strange that this car doesn't show on the autotrader search or the web, but the link works. Normally autotrader links no longer work after the advert expires 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

I drive IS F and there's literally nothing wrong with my car. I love it. But I do love GS F as well. 

Now the question is - who had both of them, how different does GS F drive and feel? I know it's much larger car. 

Can anyone please talk me out of it as even my lady is for it. 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mantas88 said:

Never had ISF but have had a 2017 GSF for 2 years. Fantastic car in every way....do it!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mantas88 said:

Hey guys.

I drive IS F and there's literally nothing wrong with my car. I love it. But I do love GS F as well. 

Now the question is - who had both of them, how different does GS F drive and feel? I know it's much larger car. 

I’ve had both. I had a 2011 facelift ISF, which I ran for 2 1/2 yrs and 25k miles and have had my GSF now for 3 yrs.

loved my ISF, only changed it as the right colour gsf at the right price came up for sale.

They drive very similar, they’re both heavy cars, however when pushing on the TVD helps shrink the gsf and makes it feel more nimble in the twisties, and now with MP4s tyres turn in seems to be much better than the ISF. When I first got it I the jury was out, and still is on whether it was quicker than the ISF, it semantics. The gsf has enough grunt for me.

comfort wise the ride in the gsf I think is better that my later ISF, I don’t have the adaptive suspension, but ride quality is acceptable for the type of car, and the seats are fantastic. Even after my ample arse being in them for 3-4 hours of driving you feel fine.

the driver interface is better in the gsf, obviously as it’s considerably younger, and I find it ok to use, but no where near as good as the systems today. And as with the nav in the ISF the GSF system couldn’t find its own backside with both hands……

The gsf now has 46k miles on it, I’ve done 18k of them, and I do like it, a lot. It’s hassle free, well built has no creaks or groans from the interior even coming up to 6 yrs old, looks and sound good and is rare.

I’m in a dilemma, I’ve now had it longer than any other car, except for my dolly sprint which I’ll be buried in, and want to change it.  If Lexus did a big power saloon I’d be in it like a shot, As the GSF and ISF have been utterly reliable, are understated and been brilliant to own. But they don’t, I am looking and a M3 CS rings the right bells, and honestly I have one tomorrow if I could guarantee  it would have Lexus reliability and build quality, but I can’t,  so the gsf stays for a little longer.

@Mantas88 your biggest problem will be finding the right car for you, there’s 3 times more ISFs than GSFs, they are thin on the ground. Best advice, drive one back to back with your current car. Then make your choice. Whatever you choose, you’ll have a cracking car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2022 at 9:47 AM, Pielight said:

Never had ISF but have had a 2017 GSF for 2 years. Fantastic car in every way....do it!!!

On 1/1/2022 at 9:42 AM, Mantas88 said:

Hey guys.

Had both…… & will Answer simply.

GET ONE! You won’t regret it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2022 at 8:42 PM, Mantas88 said:

Hey guys.

I have both ISF and GSF, plan on keeping both as they are incredibly difficult to source here in Australia considering the situation.

I have had the GSF for 3 years now, absolutely fantastic car, a pure sleeper and fun car to be in. Like others have said the TVD really transforms the GSF and gives you more confidence vs the ISF which seems more RAW. I have only recently acquired the ISF, it has plenty of miles on it but feels solid.

My ISF has headers and feels as quick as the GSF in a straight line, although I am planning on doing some track work with both cars later this year. I am interested to see my times on both cars, I am certain they will even.

GSF is definitely more fuel efficient considering it runs in Atkinson cycle whilst cruising, ISF drinks more juice for sure. 

If you have kids, then I would highly suggest to source the GSf as its very comfortable ride. ISF does feel firmer than the GSF.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Uzi said:

GSF is definitely more fuel efficient considering it runs in Atkinson cycle whilst cruising, ISF drinks more juice for sure. 

I've been veryy pleasantly surprised at the fuel economy of the GSF. I tend to get 25 to 26 mpg in mixed driving  but it really excels itself on runs that involve more constant speeds.....I always get in excess of 30mpg particularly on motorways. A recent 200 mile trip up the A1 saw 35.4mpg at a steady 75mph...with spells at around 65mph due to slower traffic on parts of the 2 lane sections. Very impressive for a 5.0 v8 in my book.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for replies, I really appreciate it!

Now I want it more than before... But as mentioned, finding one is a chore. I am also based in Northern Ireland so I will be shipping it and all those logistics are pain in the bum. I guess I will need to snipe it when right one comes around. I will be keeping IS F and I don't think I will sell it at all too. I love it as well 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mantas88 said:

Thank you everyone for replies, I really appreciate it!

Now I want it more than before... But as mentioned, finding one is a chore. I am also based in Northern Ireland so I will be shipping it and all those logistics are pain in the bum. I guess I will need to snipe it when right one comes around. I will be keeping IS F and I don't think I will sell it at all too. I love it as well 🙂

I did it the other way round, traded my ISF into and bought from Lexus Belfast. One last epic drive across to pickup the ferry from Stranraer, cracking night in Belfast, home the next day, with a couple of hours drive to get accustomed to the new car.

Don't let a little bit of water spoil your fun.

My ISF was bought from a dealer in Chichester, because of the rarity, the likelihood is you'll have to travel to get the right car.

• Like 2

I agree with the above. Purchased ours from Newcastle Lexus. Sold our IS250 privately, flew up to Newcastle then drove back to Bristol. A great experience. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ironrose said:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201111238923?atmobcid=soc3

£45K 🤔... So much demand. I bet they will get a deposit put down before end of this week..

Never get that on a private sale though, no way. 
Though if you could, I'd sell mine immediately at that price.

Wowee. I sat in a 16 GSF at Lexus Tunbridge Wells in Summer 2020, it was £36,995.

I had to walk away coz it was £6,995 over my budget.

Could've paid myself back that extra bit by now just by owning it ha

17 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Wowee. I sat in a 16 GSF at Lexus Tunbridge Wells in Summer 2020, it was £36,995.

I had to walk away coz it was £6,995 over my budget.

Could've paid myself back that extra bit by now just by owning it ha

Mental isnt it... The fact I bought my one in 2020 for £30k and sold it a year later with a lot more miles and broke even. 

Love the car would happily own one again but at those prices wouldnt touch it. In a year the market will stabilize once more.  (Well the carbon issue is starting to have some sway to that but its up there, will either be a GSF/LC500/R35)