Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200

Looking for a Used IS 200 SE, approximately 4 years old, FSH mint condition etc with low mileage. (arent we all) no but if anyone knows of a good source or has one for sale please let me know. miles no more than 43k. :lol:

what is your budget? Shouldnt be that hard to find a cheap SE?

mine is an Se and had 32k on the clock and I got it for £11,500 with one year warranty.

now I look at autotrader (always a mistake) and see I could have got a sport with sat nav for around the same.

Well my budget is approximately 10.5K. Misses is up the duff and need a new motor, currently have a Celica GT, have been so impressed with the servicing costs , reliability and performance that I have opted for the Lexus IS 200 as it looks sexy, the performance is good, it has four doors and useable rear seats for the expected baby. One question I have is how does it fair on fuel consumption. Where is the best place to look for such a beast AutoTrader? I really like your motor.

I got my mine from Lexus Edinburgh, you pay more, but you get the Lexus warranty and the Lexus service, a back light was letting in water, emailed Lex Ed and they got Lex Sheffield to replace it for me..

Lexus usually have a few "mature" IS200s on their website, it's also worth visiting your local Lexus dealer just in case they have anything in stock that they haven't advertised yet.

I'm sure I saw an X reg IS200 for about 12k at my local dealer at the weekend (maybe out of your budget but I'm sure there's some room to haggle).

Thanks for the advice Chaps, i am looking forward to owning a Lexus.

I have been scouring the AutoTrader & the Lexus site now for a weeks, but all the advertised cars seem to be high on the mileage front or they are too expensive, I will have another look now on the Lexus Website. Ta Wardy

My local car dealer (Not Lexus!) currently has a Black X reg IS200SE on the forecourt marked up for £10995. B)

Now he seems to like the IS200's and has moved a few.....much to my annoyance as there are now loads in my area. :crybaby:

He is normally happy to do a deal! ;)

Some people want it all dont they....

Save up :P

Seriously mate just stretch your budget a bit more, you'll appreciate it in the long run. After all you dont buy a lex every day do ya ;)

OK there is one by me he is asking £10495 its black and it has sat-nav and he has just had new wheels put on it as well , and its an AUTO as well :whistling: with full tan leather its on a (V) Plate

take a look on his web-site www.tedclarkcars.co.uk

or give him a call on 01474 350150

OK there is one by me he is asking £10495 its black and it has sat-nav and he has just had new wheels put on it as well , and its an AUTO as well :whistling: with full tan leather its on a (V) Plate

take a look on his web-site www.tedclarkcars.co.uk

or give him a call on 01474 350150

Not bad at all!! mines a W and I paid a lot more then that, but still no regrets.

Wardy, dont rule out settling for a high miler, its a lex should last forever :whistling:

I traded in a very nice N reg Celica GT for an 02 reg IS200 sport, and have no regrets. The Celica was fun and gave me three years of utterly fault free motoring: the Is200 has another two and a half years to go before it matches that but it is doing OK so far and is even more fun to drive. It it clearly slower in a straight line than the Celica GT, but in practice I think it is faster over twisting roads because it rides and handles better, not that I have ever pushed either to its limits. The different 'feel' to the ride took some getting used to though, and make sure you don't have the tyres overinflated. Get a digital thinggy to check them with. 33 psi is enough unless you have a full load. The seats and environment are much more comfortable, I think (leather and climate control and more headroom etc) and of course the stereo is loads better. Also quieter inside so you can hear music without turning up the volume to silly levels.

On the downside the Celica was also a hatchback and provided ample room for bulky loads with the rear seats folded down. No such option on the IS, unless you go for the estate / sportcross, which is newer and will be well outside your budget.

Neither car is very easy to reverse because of poorish rear visibility but the SE auto gives you a rear parking sensor, I think.

Fuel costs for the IS are higher, but only a little bit, and the range is slightly better (about 400 miles from 60 litres (if not too much town driving) leaving a 10 litre reserve in the tank.

Running costs will be higher, with more expensive servicing and more expensive tyres etc. How much more it will cost remains to be seen, but perhaps others can fill you in on that. So far depreciation has been pretty reasonable, but that may not be true for ever, I suppose.

I hope you find what you are looking for. The IS200 is a classy car

I got my IS200 Sport when I needed a more-sensible family car (the Honda Prelude didn't cut it!). It's been great, although I found the shape of the boot opening a bit of a pain for all the baby paraphernalia - the springs get in a way sometimes. But all-in-all it was great.

Just bought a GS300 and if you don't mind the higher mileage (for the price you're looking to pay), you'll find loads of room for your new arrival and all the gear that goes with it. They go on forever if they've been well looked after (I hope!!!)

IS or GS, you should find it a good fun car and practical enough to cart around a nipper!

Hi mate,

I'm currently selling my 2000 W Reg Lexus Sport, it has only done 35,000 miles, has brand new 18" alloys on it and a few other bits. You are welcome to carry out any inspection.

I've put it on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...&category=50175

If you have any more questions, e-mail me: william@elitepcsystems.co.uk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links