Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seat belt replacement for Lexus SC430 2006 (Beige colour)

T C Stacey

Does anyone know where I can find replacement seat belts (front passenger and front driver) as mine are not looking that good, mould spots etc. on them, they were like that when I purchased the car. Have looked on eBay already and Lexus dealership are asking nearly £500 for a pair! I have tried cleaning them but not very successfully, if someone can suggest what to clean them with, might help?

Thanks in advance,

6 minutes ago, T C Stacey said:

Does anyone know where I can find replacement seat belts (front passenger and front driver) as mine are not looking that good, mould spots etc. on them, they were like that when I purchased the car. Have looked on ebay already and Lexus dealership are asking nearly £500 for a pair! I have tried cleaning them but not very successfully, if someone can suggest what to clean them with, might help?

Thanks in advance,

Ask on here Tony too.                    lexusworld.com

Ive put up a long winded post on lexus world on how to clean seat belts, my SC had originally beige interior which i got rid off as its a girly colour 😂 but prior to  fully changing interior trim colour i did clean seat belts which came up near to new condition....then ripped everything out and got black and red interior with red seat belts 😂 

96D1C1C2-1080-4622-B61A-7A06B04B5E3F.jpeg

A705323D-1232-47C8-BA8C-AC92A4E5BF6A.jpeg

328446A7-CFAF-4017-AC58-FEFCB8FD074F.jpeg

E1973E2B-7974-4BB3-B32C-EF4E9FBF85CB.jpeg

9258766D-06FA-4BF6-BDC6-AD110ACCC6A4.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mr2lad said:

Ive put up a long winded post on lexus world on how to clean seat belts, my SC had originally beige interior which i got rid off as its a girly colour 😂 but prior to  fully changing interior trim colour i did clean seat belts which came up near to new condition....then ripped everything out and got black and red interior with red seat belts 😂 

96D1C1C2-1080-4622-B61A-7A06B04B5E3F.jpeg

A705323D-1232-47C8-BA8C-AC92A4E5BF6A.jpeg

328446A7-CFAF-4017-AC58-FEFCB8FD074F.jpeg

E1973E2B-7974-4BB3-B32C-EF4E9FBF85CB.jpeg

9258766D-06FA-4BF6-BDC6-AD110ACCC6A4.jpeg

Thanks Mr2lad will have a look on Lexus World to find out what you used to clean seat belts. The beige might seem a 'girly' colour, but then it is the wifes car! Mine is a Lexus RX400 Hybrid. 

1 hour ago, T C Stacey said:

Thanks Mr2lad will have a look on Lexus World to find out what you used to clean seat belts. The beige might seem a 'girly' colour, but then it is the wifes car! Mine is a Lexus RX400 Hybrid. 

I cleaned mine perfectly with Vanish Liquid & Woolite in a basin of hot water and disconnect the bottom bolt . You can use a clothes peg to stop them retracting back while you are doing it . Soak for a hour or so and then gently scrub with nylon nail brush . Then do it again if needed . finally paper towel dry and remove peg and reconnect the bolt at floor . All this should be avaliable on my post in LW forum " Nicks 2006 Facelift SC"They come up like new .

SB1.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, T C Stacey said:

Basically any fabric cleaner fluid.... i used vanish stain remover in a bucket of warm water with belts unravelled and soaking in bucket... pull belts out as far as possible and but a clip on at top to stop it retracting back, place bucket in rear passenger footwell leave to soak then scrub with nail/scrubbing brush

get Yourself a 1’’ plastic pipe around 6-8’’ long and put a 4’’ cut thru the length of it enough to feed belt thru then grip tight and pull down on it and see the unseen grime oooze out of webbing belt do this numerous times till belt is clean.....worked a treat with mine.... look on YouTube for belt cleaning and you’ll hopefully see what i mean about plastic pipe

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mr2lad said:

Basically any fabric cleaner fluid.... i used vanish stain remover in a bucket of warm water with belts unravelled and soaking in bucket... pull belts out as far as possible and but a clip on at top to stop it retracting back, place bucket in rear passenger footwell leave to soak then scrub with nail/scrubbing brush

get Yourself a 1’’ plastic pipe around 6-8’’ long and put a 4’’ cut thru the length of it enough to feed belt thru then grip tight and pull down on it and see the unseen grime oooze out of webbing belt do this numerous times till belt is clean.....worked a treat with mine.... look on YouTube for belt cleaning and you’ll hopefully see what i mean about plastic pipe

Touche .........................😆

• Haha 1