Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fsport Cluster

45 minutes ago, Subtronics said:

Yeah, I figured so. I can imagine all the coding is handled by the ECU. So maybe possible if the ECU is swapped out. Probably cheaper buying an FSport lol

The instrument ECU is built into the instrument cluster itself. It is possibly all self contained. Whether the plugs are the same or other changes on the body ECU are needed I don't know.

• Like 1

It’s a very funky party trick, and I’m probably sounding very old-fashioned, but I personally prefer the symmetry of two dials. Then again I always have brown sauce on the chips, whereas the wife says it just has to be red. Go figure! 

ask Ianhu

his cluster didnt work properly on his F sport and he managed to get his cluster to work 

properly on his car but it took him alot of time and effort

i would say he's best one to ask on here

i'll try and find a link for you

The problems there were mainly because it had been swapped/messed with, seemingly to change the mileage, and possibly it wasn't the correct one for the age/options of the vehicle.

But yes it may not be as simple as just swapping it over and everything works.

yes i know colin but Ian probably has the best knowledge on here regarding the F Sport dash

and how it works  and wether it can actually be retro fitted to another model

Hi

What I did wasn't a real lot to be honest. The milage wasn't clocking up as it should. I deciphered the code locations of mileage, of which there are two, one for the displayed mileage and another with the incremented figure ready to be moved to the displayed location and rinse repeat. Anyway short of sorting that correctly and then flashing it back to the IC, and fit/test was about it. 

Interestingly, my two code locations had the same figure in then, hence it not clocking up. The pusle was certainly there to make the increment but I think because locations A and B contained the same hex figures for the displayed and new mileage I guess the unit froze on what to do. The bigger question is why did it get like that, why did I find some other person with the same issue in the same mileage approx area, and why do I now have a guy who's contacted me with the self and same issue with his f sport. No coincidence me thinks. 

Anyway.. certainly the logic to move the dial etc will be contained on the code in perhaps another IC involved in moving the display as well as moving the motor etc.  

My best guess is that power rails etc the data rails are most likely also the same fed to the clock and the clock is responsible for dealing with them. My best guess (and it is just that) is that they are likely interchangeable, but rightly as others have said you still need the buttons on the wheel to actuate the moving display. 

The simplest test is both cars together and do a swap to see.  Short of that I wouldn't shell out anything personally. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 8:49 AM, ianhu said:

, but rightly as others have said you still need the buttons on the wheel to actuate the moving display. 

I think all the non F-Sport vehicles also have the button, just used for a different purpose:

362340682_Screenshot2021-02-16at21_26_23.thumb.png.e0702f3c3bc7e8d89f6f687694f6c3bf.png

I'm currently working on this, still in early stage but yes, f sport clusters can be fitted to non f sports. Physically the same, plugs the same as long as f sport clusters is from the same model year and edits. So say 13-14 14-16 17+ steering wheel buttons don't change on any model of 300h. Only if you have an advanced safety pack you get extra two buttons for acc and ldw regardless of trim. Anyways, once I figure out everything I will make a post. (Gonna be a while) I'll be able to program up the correct mileage, and options depending on your trim level. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2021 at 11:39 PM, shine668555 said:

I'm currently working on this, still in early stage but yes, f sport clusters can be fitted to non f sports. Physically the same, plugs the same as long as f sport clusters is from the same model year and edits. So say 13-14 14-16 17+ steering wheel buttons don't change on any model of 300h. Only if you have an advanced safety pack you get extra two buttons for acc and ldw regardless of trim. Anyways, once I figure out everything I will make a post. (Gonna be a while) I'll be able to program up the correct mileage, and options depending on your trim level. 

I'll be interested in this when you figure it out mate. If you need a car to test on let me know 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Subtronics said:

I'll be interested in this when you figure it out mate. If you need a car to test on let me know 🙂

I'll do a post up but yeah as said will be a while as I'm moving real soon and  baby takes most of my time ATM but I'm slowly getting there. Thanks for the offer buddy, I have a non f sport myself here and an f sport cluster to play with. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I recently swapped a 2017 RC300 cluster into my 2018 IS300.

Neither had navigation, RC had ML upgrade, my IS does not

EVERYTHING worked except the following:

1. Turn signals did not work. I think this is due to the ML upgrade on the RC cluster

2. Radio info just shows a blank screen, again most likely due to the ML upgraded RC cluster

3. The picture of the vehicle when doors are open is obviously wrong.

Looked great in there, and was nice having the turbo gauge option etc.  Now I'm looking for a way to program / code the changes needed to have it work for me.  I can't imagine the cluster hardware is any different from an RC to an IS.. and the F-Sport to non swap seems like a perfect swap in a like for like car.

I've got lots of experience programming Ford Modules and Clusters, but none for Toyota. If anyone can help with this, please let me know?

Thanks,

Justin

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links