Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm selling my LS600h if anyone is on the lookout for one!

Hi all, 

I'm selling my LS600h and I'm hoping that it will go to a member here. I've not advertised it anywhere else and will not be doing so for the next two weeks. So, fingers crossed, I will find a new home for it. Ad is in the appropriate forum here but happy to answer any questions here too. 

I'm looking for a RX450 for a shared car for the Mrs and myself moving forwards so happy to look at trades up or down from this. 

Cheers all,

Jonathan

22 minutes ago, jpjsavage said:

Hi all, 

I'm selling my LS600h and I'm hoping that it will go to a member here. I've not advertised it anywhere else and will not be doing so for the next two weeks. So, fingers crossed, I will find a new home for it. Ad is in the appropriate forum here but happy to answer any questions here too. 

I'm looking for a RX450 for a shared car for the Mrs and myself moving forwards so happy to look at trades up or down from this. 

Cheers all,

Jonathan

Beautiful car Jonathan .

And a excellant  car at in or around that price . I hope someone who can use it , can buy it here without messing you about .

I am retired myself and can just not justify this motorway cruiser .

Otherwise I would be offering 10k now ................... 

Best of luck with sale 

Jonathan  ..........  a very very fine looking car with impeccable history and going forward should be a tremendously great value car for a discerning new owner.

Well done with her.

If I could justify buying her I would bite your hand-off ................  now, how on earth could I justify it all ......  she'd go mad indoors ............ just to add to the "madness" were all feeling in this terrible time of lockdown and tragedy surrounding virtually all of us right now

Let me think .......  but I'm not renowned for deciding on anything in a short ( to me ) two weeks or so timeframe

I sincerely hope it will go to a member who will fully appreciate what a great car is on offer here

Best wishes

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

Jonathan  ..........  a very very fine looking car with impeccable history and going forward should be a tremendously great value car for a discerning new owner.

Well done with her.

If I could justify buying her I would bite your hand-off ................  now, how on earth could I justify it all ......  she'd go mad indoors ............ just to add to the "madness" were all feeling in this terrible time of lockdown and tragedy surrounding virtually all of us right now

Let me think .......  but I'm not renowned for deciding on anything in a short ( to me ) two weeks or so timeframe

I sincerely hope it will go to a member who will fully appreciate what a great car is on offer here

Best wishes

Malc

Thanks Malc. Yes, strange times indeed. I will be very sad to see her go. However, I need to get a car that is more suitable for my wife to drive. Her disability makes getting in and out of 'lower' cars difficult so a RX450h will be perfect. I know that an RX is not a LX but I'm sure it will be a lovely car too. I'm chatting with Lexus about a pre-owned one but my hope is to find a private seller here. 

Jonathan ....  higher cars off the ground umm ! ....... are you sure they are that useful long term with leg issues, if that is your dear wife's issue ......  my back and leg issues, my partner's knee too, her ( grown up adult ) daughter too ...........  getting in higher is often a problem ...  getting out is ok tho'              BUT again too low a car too is often a problem

The Ls400 seems just about right tbh .....  for us anyway :yes:  .....  old fashioned height !

It's all down to personal choice and often trial and, heaven forbid, error

Malc

Well, its complicated and I won't bore you with all the details, but she definitely prefers the higher driving position. We've had Volvo XC90s in the past and they have been perfect. Quite tempted to go back to one of those but I do like the idea of the RX450h. I think they are both great cars from what I've heard. 

1 hour ago, jpjsavage said:

Well, its complicated and I won't bore you with all the details, but she definitely prefers the higher driving position. We've had Volvo XC90s in the past and they have been perfect. Quite tempted to go back to one of those but I do like the idea of the RX450h. I think they are both great cars from what I've heard. 

I know this is probably heresy  here ................... but you may wish to look at a CRV EX model .I have a 2008 CRV 2.2CTDI EX and it is the most comfortable car I have ever had!!!. I have had since 2004 ......................  IS200. IS250 EX Auto , GS450H SE-L and I have an SC430 facelift at the moment . People perceive they are not as good as Lexus or Volvo ..................but the EX version is so comfortable and practical. My 2008 also has radar cruise and pre crash mitigation , proper lights with AFS and all the toys ................... worth a consideration ...................sorry LEXUS POLICE 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jpjsavage said:

That's another one to add to the list. Honda is my second favourite brand. I think I'd rather have one of those as opposed to an XC90. 

If you are anything like me 10 hours straight driving ,my motorcycle past starts catching up with my rear and legs . The Honda I can drive that distance without and discomfort or cramps , despite the leather seats maybe not looking or feeling as plush as the various Lexi . ....................say no more !

Asking price reduced to £9500 in the hope of a sale here in the next week. If not, the car will be advertised on Autotrader etc in early March. I'm really hoping a forum member can take this car onwards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malc said:

any joy with this Jonathan ?

Malc

Not yet, but open to offers. Not in a rush to sell though as the wife is not looking to change her car for a couple of months at least. There are also a lot of worse options than keeping and enjoying this amazing machine!

• Like 2

I take it that your wife has tried getting in the RX? My wife is 5'2" and even with the seat in it's lowest position finds it quite a climb, particularly from our drive, so I tend to drive into the road close to the kerb which makes it easier for her.  Just a thought.

Update: the LS600h sold today to a private buyer (not here). However, I think you'll have a new member here shortly. Result!

So, in the market for a nice RX450h if anyone knows of one that is for sale. Thanks all. 

• Like 5

Car was picked up yesterday. New owner is delighted with it and will hopefully join up here in due course. Shame it couldn't go to an existing member but there you go. Will be test driving the RX450h and the Porsche Cayenne when the garages re-open next month. I appreciate that these are very different cars but these are the two cars we are going to choose between. 

• Like 2