Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Did I imagine this?

Got my UX at the end of last year and haven't had the chance to use it much. Tonight I popped out which must be my first night drive. I was sure I had seen in one of the Youtube road tests that the air vents controls in the dash were lit with a blue hue. Mine are not lit. Is it a feature on certain spec models or am I just dreaming? I have a premium plus base model.  

Thanks.

Yes, only on the Takumi

On the UX Takumi, the vents are illuminated by a distinctive LED light source. This is wirelessly powered by the electromagnetic resonance of two adjacent coils vibrating at the same frequency. Using the same design principle as the Lexus LC’s rear combination lamps, the vent control LEDs use mirror optics to create the effect of floating lighting depth, even though the light element is just 3mm thick.

On 2/14/2021 at 2:17 PM, Navnan2 said:

Many thanks Colin, now got to decide if I keep the car...............just joking! 

Cheers,

Barry

It could have been worse. You could have booked the car in to have this issue looked at! 😀

Colin, could I bother you again? I recently found  the "concierge" climate control option. Sounded good to me, got my temperature set and car sorts everything out for me. I have found though when I start my vehicle on a new trip and check the climate options screen it no longer highlighted so I have to set it again. Do you use this option? Am I suppose to select concierge everytime I use the vehicle if I like this facility? Seems a bit odd to me.

Cheers,

Barry

1 hour ago, Navnan2 said:

Sounded good to me, got my temperature set and car sorts everything out for me. I have found though when I start my vehicle on a new trip and check the climate options screen it no longer highlighted so I have to set it again.

I wouldn't expect the need to turn it on every time. The A/C system should be in Auto mode, then enable concierge.

Does the system still work even though the icon isn't highlighted - i.e. do the seat heaters come on? I wonder if part of the system is disabled, e.g. because a passenger not sitting in the seat, so the icon goes out but the remaining systems are still working.

Surely concierge mode is a mode that allows no or very little adjustment of the various controls? It would be a mode for when you pull up at a hotel that you can set to make sure no-one from the hotel messes around with the controls when they valet park it for you? At least this is what concierge mode would suggest to me.

1 hour ago, paulrnx said:

Surely concierge mode is a mode that allows no or very little adjustment of the various controls?

That is what it does. You set the desired temperature and the system will control seat heaters/coolers and steering wheel heater based on the actual cabin temperature as well as just the standard climate control system which a normal system will do.

Nothing to do with locking control settings for valet parking.

• Thanks 1