Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Name this car

Captain sly

47 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

image.thumb.png.06af5528193eb9dc7d78b4ce247a58b6.png

Terrible car, had it only 2 or 3 months.

Got to love the 70s wedge style though. The Instrument binnacle was designed to be used for left and right hand drive without modification I believe. My Father had a 3500 in about 1977 and I’m sure I remember there being a rubber bung in the passenger side footwell where the LHD steering column would have gone…😆

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

image.thumb.png.06af5528193eb9dc7d78b4ce247a58b6.png

Terrible car, had it only 2 or 3 months.

My father-in-law had a 2300 - very poorly made. It stalled on a hill with a small caravan on the back and he could not pull away. Never ran that well either, always problems with the carburettors. 

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

So a car from UK is too easy for you. Rover, think it was a 2600 but not sure. Nothing but problems.

Here is one that may not be so easy as it is not from UK

image.thumb.png.b1dd8c9fc0061b09885cd3745c4ea7d4.png

I'm guessing Peugeot 106 Rallye?

I remember the old Rover SD1, makes me think of growing up and watching shows like Police, Camera, Action! and The Professionals (remember that)

The orange 🍊 car 🚗 in my earlier post is a vw sp2 which was built in Brazil in the 70's 🇧🇷 for the home market as imports were banned.it had a flat 4 air cooled engine 

1 hour ago, ciao_chao said:

I'm guessing Peugeot 106 Rallye?

I remember the old Rover SD1, makes me think of growing up and watching shows like Police, Camera, Action! and The Professionals (remember that)

Right about the 106 Rally. Smart car, if you wanted fresh air from side windows you should not drive faster than 40km/h. At that speed they closed automatic.

42 minutes ago, scudney said:

The orange 🍊 car 🚗 in my earlier post is a vw sp2 which was built in Brazil in the 70's 🇧🇷 for the home market as imports were banned.it had a flat 4 air cooled engine 

It’s so pretty! Rear engined I’m guessing? It’s got some strong Porsche vibes at the back but it’s all Guigaro/Bertone up front. 

43 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Yeah. Toyota is too eay for this forum.

How about this:

image.thumb.png.e11411211032a09b131237109f757a0c.png

Much better than the Supra. Had it some years.

My first car was a civic of the same generation! Lovely car, but at a teen I wished it was the VTEC one. 

1 minute ago, ciao_chao said:

Reminds me of the old Panther Westwinds designs by Robert Jankel...wouldn’t be surprised if that was an XJS rebody. 

Close, but not quite. The car in question did use a Jaguar engine though.

2 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

the black one is a Simca Matra 3 seats up front

the cream one is the ugliest car ever produced on earth. Dont even want to know what it is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

the black one is a Simca Matra 3 seats up front

the cream one is the ugliest car ever produced on earth. Dont even want to know what it is!

Yes, it really isn't a looker in my opinion too. I was tempted to put it into the thread on this forum about ugliest cars ever! 😄