Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Name this car

Captain sly

2 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

autobianchi ( based on fiat 127)

Yep. Autobianchi A112E to be precise. Mine was the same as in the pic, but with a white roof. Had to get rid of it when the jack went through the body work when attempting to replace a flat tyre.

2 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Hey Chao, Enlarge the picture and you see the wiki heading haha!

Now thats just not cricket!

2 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Mini Metro successor?

Oh so close, I would expect that a fair bit of the parts were carried onto the metro

3 hours ago, mikey2001 said:

Not sure 🤔 Maybe something from FSO Polonez, derived from a Fiat of some description?

Now that's a car that brings me nostalgia, common(ish) sight on the streets of Beijing during the 90s.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 4:36 PM, ciao_chao said:

Ooh difficult one...I’m guessing Honda N600? Looks like a toy I had as a child...

Ooh so close!... Honda Z600 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DanD said:

Ooh so close!... Honda Z600 

Those early kei cars are so obscure, I’m gonna have to look that car up now. 

edit - just looked it up, and as unbelievable at it is, someone built a N600 and set a land speed record for under 750cc cars!

15 hours ago, ciao_chao said:

Those early kei cars are so obscure, I’m gonna have to look that car up now. 

edit - just looked it up, and as unbelievable at it is, someone built a N600 and set a land speed record for under 750cc cars!

I have to say, I don't remember much about the car, except that it made an odd noise (air cooled engine), had a dash mounted gear stick, and that the back rest of the front seats used to fold forward rather violently, each time hitting the horn in the middle of the steering wheel, which as kids used to think was hilarious!

• Like 1

Yugo. Which I believe was the cheapest car on sale in the UK (and probably everywhere else) at the time.

Made in... Yugoslavia when that was still a country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanD said:

Yugo. Which I believe was the cheapest car on sale in the UK (and probably everywhere else) at the time.

Made in... Yugoslavia when that was still a country.

Sorry! Trick question, you are both right and wrong, it is a Yugo 45/55 in all aspects except the name. Look carefully at the badge on the front wing! This is something I only found out a couple of days back.

17 minutes ago, ciao_chao said:

Sorry! Trick question, you are both right and wrong, it is a Yugo 45/55 in all aspects except the name. Look carefully at the badge on the front wing! This is something I only found out a couple of days back.

Was it badged as a Zastava in Europe? I remember in the UK they were originally called Zastava Yugo, and the Zastava was quietly dropped a bit like Datsun/Nissan a few years later.

Edit: just found this on YouTube. Look at the badging. That’s what I remember.

• Like 1

Just now, First_Lexus said:

Was it badged as a Zastava in Europe? I remember in the UK they were originally called Zastava Yugo, and the Zastava was quietly dropped a bit like Datsun/Nissan a few years later.

Good thinking, it was badged as something else...clue - think Italy.

12 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

How about this one? 
1EB7B9E9-C8C1-46B6-AAA0-CCF8C4D23FEB.thumb.jpeg.f594697a5b1a91ab622ae589509b69db.jpeg

The brown tints, the gen1 twingo at the back, yellow rear number plates, with white at the front, make me think France. I think it could be a Talbot of some kind, which model eludes me.

40 minutes ago, ciao_chao said:

The brown tints, the gen1 twingo at the back, yellow rear number plates, with white at the front, make me think France. I think it could be a Talbot of some kind, which model eludes me.

^^ Yes, it’s a Talbot. As a child I used to attend press days at the UK Motor Show (Birmingham) and Motorfair (Earls Court). I remember my Mother and I being asked our opinions on the wheel trims (yes, really!) on this car. Talbot were very proud of them…😆

This would have already been a decade old (or thereabouts) by the time the first Twingo was launched.

42 minutes ago, ciao_chao said:

Good thinking, it was badged as something else...clue - think Italy

^^ I can only imagine it was badged as either a Fiat - which it started life as - or maybe something like a Lancia? The later Panda derived Lancia Y10 (now there was a car!) did look rather similar…

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links