Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steam Cleaning Engine

I steam clean mine once a month, I just open the bonnet and point the water jet in the direction of the engine.

Sometimes it resets the clock in the car sometimes it doesnt othe than that never had a problem.

get a long extension cord, ideally one with 4 outlets, then get 4 large kettles and place under neath the engine..

On a serious note, if you use an extension cord try to get a fourway then you can all 4 kettles going and have a nice little tea party!

sorry :blush:

Did my engine bay yesterday and all i did was to get engine up to temp,not hot just warm,then with a bucket of soapy water vigourously clean all the paint work then spray all the engine and parts with a de-greaser,hose off gently dry it off then start cleaning all the plastic bits with back to black...works a treat :winky:

get a long extension cord, ideally one with 4 outlets, then get 4 large kettles and place under neath the engine..

On a serious note, if you use an extension cord try to get a fourway then you can all 4 kettles going and have a nice little tea party!

sorry :blush:

A kettle uses about 8amps so any more than one will blow the fuse on an extension lead :o :geek::offtopic:

so make sure you fit an RCD else you will be always re-fitting the fuse..

an rcd or residual current device is used for safety protection to the user and would still need a fused protection in the way of a fuse or mcb minature circuit breaker

any overloading and you would still need to reset it !

best advice is to use a watering can to wash it off

So if I put 4 outlets & 4 large kettles and a hose pipe to cool it down will that work? Or just for good measure should I make sure that I have 8 outlets & 8 kettles just in case ?

Or maybe I should just pay Fargo to do it instead! :lol: I'll bring me gear to the next meet ok mate?

Anyway, thanks I think !!!

err does that help.. i coouldnt resist.. sorry :-p

may want to remove the engine covers first :whistling:

And if I recall I voted for Mr March in the LOC calendar - my favourite picture, and it's on my wall looking at me - and look what I get in return!!!

:lol: Fargos the new club bully