Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

12 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Do these suffer from rear tyre wear badly. I am still looking at cars and it seems to be a common fault. Looking at past Mots.

I missed out on a proper good car, by been to slow.

Not in my experience. It depends on the qualities of the driver, his driving style and the spec of the tyre.

• Like 2

I have no issues with rear tyres wear, I did wheel alwgnment when I put new set on and it was 13 months ago and about 10-11k miles, last time I removed tyres (brake maintenance were needed) visually all tires seemed equally worn. I think the rear is so heavy with the batteries that you really have to provoke it to have a wheel spin, regards going quick over the corners it would be front tires to suffer more I think

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Not in my experience. It depends on the qualities of the driver, his driving style and the spec of the tyre.

Agree here with John, if you go for cheap tire make then you might have a problem with traction and wear.

• Like 1

When i owned Skoda Vrs they were terrible on inside edge of tyres, often going down to the wire. Makes did not make much difference.

The present IS250 is brilliant. Could be because of Battery location. 

Are you able to buy the chrome strips on the wheels?

2 hours ago, madasahatter said:

Do these suffer from rear tyre wear badly. I am still looking at cars and it seems to be a common fault. Looking at past Mots.

I missed out on a proper good car, by been to slow.

Its a heavy car so they do go through tyres a bit quicker than lighter cars but it shouldn't be significant and should be equal.

Excessive wear to a single side of a type is almost always a sign of mis-alignment as no matter else you do, that tyre should
be wearing equally....  Unless the person is constantly edging kurbs with the back tyres or something daft like that.

People often put their car up for sale when it needs major expenditure - such as a set of tyres!

Rear inside edge tyre wear and damage can be caused by straddling speed bumps, especially if you do so frequently and at speed.

My car failed its first MoT (before I owned it) due to a deep cut on the inside wall of a rear tyre. Possibly caused by straddling. Heavy vehicles can damage the edges of the bump and leave sharp bits to catch car tyres.

Pass Speed bumps with one side of the car fully on the hump and the other on a gap at the side! Slowly!

PS - nice to see you over here Keith!

• Like 2

On 2/13/2021 at 9:19 PM, Vlady said:

I have no issues with rear tyres wear, I did wheel alwgnment when I put new set on and it was 13 months ago and about 10-11k miles, last time I removed tyres (brake maintenance were needed) visually all tires seemed equally worn. I think the rear is so heavy with the batteries that you really have to provoke it to have a wheel spin, regards going quick over the corners it would be front tires to suffer more I think

Yes up hills I feel the weight a lot. 

• Like 1