Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2014 facelift Specification question

shiwarrior

Hi all

I have been on the lookout for a Lexus CT 200 H, facelift from 2014, and although I have done my research from google and browsing various forums, I'm a little miffed out which models come with LED headlights...

to put it this way, LED headlights was an option on the F-sport but on the premier its standard ? 

When i search Autotrader, i click on an advert, and check the specs, and most of them say HID Halogens on the bottom on the list, but on some, say LED headlights with halogen high beam

i realise the halogen high beam is part of the LED headlights, that's what you get, but why do i see LED headlights listed on trims called "SE" "Advance" and "Luxury" as well as F-Sport and Premier models ?

for example :

SE -

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202006250527973?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&radius=1500&postcode=ox394je&sort=price-asc&make=LEXUS&year-from=2014&maximum-mileage=60000&exclude-writeoff-categories=on&model=CT 200H&annual-tax-cars=EQ_0&include-delivery-option=on&advertising-location=at_cars&page=2

ADVANCE -

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202012127041689?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars

LUXURY - 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010275482755?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars

That is one of the main ones i want to make sure I get , besides, Lexus deserve the best option 🙂

cheers

38 minutes ago, shiwarrior said:

to put it this way, LED headlights was an option on the F-sport but on the premier its standard ? 

LED front headlights were standard on the premier. They were not available on any other grade, even as an option, including F-Sport. 2014-2017.

All grades have LED DRL lights, and LED rear lights.

Only in 2018 when Bi-LED headlights were introduced were they available as an option on the F-Sport, with the Premier Pack.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shiwarrior said:

so those i linked to do NOT have LED headlights ?

No, none of those do.

The easiest way to tell is to look at the outside part of the light, the LED ones have two circular lenses whereas the Halogens ones just have a single larger one. Also HID and LED headlights must have washers which are clearly missing from the example on the right.

1099708908_Screenshot2021-02-14at11_17_21.png.3408f7c5c4f9ef05c61b847d3e464267.png1126384911_Screenshot2021-02-14at11_17_37.png.d9b521e47a17579ea136758c3cdf8eb6.png

1513335843_Screenshot2021-02-14at11_17_03.thumb.png.d0e633fddc3b2e43961984152f8f9a46.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Between 2012 and 2018 the CT grades in the UK were:

S, SE, Advance, Luxury, F Sport, Premier.

Lexus Europe, and most of the individual countries, use different naming and specifications. I assume partly due to language translation issues and in-country marketing preference.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 10:21 PM, shiwarrior said:

Hi all

I have been on the lookout for a Lexus CT 200 H, facelift from 2014, and although I have done my research from google and browsing various forums, I'm a little miffed out which models come with LED headlights...

When i search Autotrader, i click on an advert, and check the specs, and most of them say HID Halogens on the bottom on the list, but on some, say LED headlights with halogen high beam

i realise the halogen high beam is part of the LED headlights, that's what you get, but why do i see LED headlights listed on trims called "SE" "Advance" and "Luxury" as well as F-Sport and Premier models ?

for example :

SE -

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202006250527973?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&radius=1500&postcode=ox394je&sort=price-asc&make=LEXUS&year-from=2014&maximum-mileage=60000&exclude-writeoff-categories=on&model=CT 200H&annual-tax-cars=EQ_0&include-delivery-option=on&advertising-location=at_cars&page=2

ADVANCE -

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202012127041689?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars

LUXURY - 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010275482755?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars

That is one of the main ones i want to make sure I get , besides, Lexus deserve the best option 🙂

cheers

I personally went for a standard CT & then added the tech & premium pack to it. I much prefer the facelifts new headlight design

2 hours ago, shiwarrior said:

i was not aware you can get "packs" added to make it more like a premium 

is that still a 2014+ car or the newer one?

The packs are part of the newer grading system that Lexus now uses. For the CT that was introduced for ordering in late 2018 for the MY2019 vehicles.

Only three major grades - base, F Sport and Takumi but with the ability to add to the specification via packs:

Owners can give their CT 200h an upgrade with a choice of focused option packs that add extra style, comfort and convenience features.

The CT can be specified with a Sport Pack, adding black 17-inch alloys, black door mirror covers and front grille and Tahara interior trim in Black and Dark Rose.

The Tech Pack, available for the CT and F Sport, provides Lexus Premium Navigation (with a larger, 10-inch display), LED headlights with automatic levelling and headlamp washers.

The Premium Pack for the CT grade model introduces smart entry, front and rear parking sensors, rear privacy glass, heated front seats and supple Tahara upholstery.

The Takumi Pack, offered for the F Sport, majors on top quality features including a 13-speaker Mark Levinson premium audio system, Lexus Premium Navigation, sunroof, power-adjustable F Sport front seats with leather upholstery, Naguri trim inlays and LED headlights with automatic levelling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diabolik said:

Is the M&L sound system only available on F Sport on 2011-2018 models? 

The ML 13 speaker system was exclusive to the Premier during that period. The F Sport has the standard 6 speaker system as standard, with the option to upgrade to Sat Navigation + 10 speaker audio system.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, diabolik said:

@ColinBarber Thanks! Lots of new info!

Is the M&L sound system only available on F Sport on 2011-2018 models? 

Our CT is not F-Sport (no black trim and no F-Sport grill) but has Mark Levinson audio, LED with washer, leather seats automatic adjusting for 3 persons, sunroof, 13MM navigation, funny mouse comand to screen, rain sensor for windshield wipers, funny sounds when getting close to someting with both front and rear of car and 17" wheels, automatic dimming rear view mirror. Have probably forgotten something and maybe not know what else is in the car. Only thing we have added is Llumar UV protective film on all windows (including sunroof), film is fully transparent on front doors and 40% less light through rest of windows; only window without film is windshield as that is protected from factory, an extra remote so driver's seat can automatically adjust to 3 persons.

Answer: Mark Levinson audio system is not only available to F-Sport. In my opinion it should be in all cars. It is absolutely great.

46 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Our CT is not F-Sport (no black trim and no F-Sport grill) but has Mark Levinson audio, LED with washer, leather seats automatic adjusting for 3 persons, sunroof, 13MM navigation, funny mouse comand to screen, rain sensor for windshield wipers, funny sounds when getting close to someting with both front and rear of car and 17" wheels, automatic dimming rear view mirror. Have probably forgotten something and maybe not know what else is in the car. Only thing we have added is Llumar UV protective film on all windows (including sunroof), film is fully transparent on front doors and 40% less light through rest of windows; only window without film is windshield as that is protected from factory, an extra remote so driver's seat can automatically adjust to 3 persons.

Answer: Mark Levinson audio system is not only available to F-Sport. In my opinion it should be in all cars. It is absolutely great.

yours is the Premier iirc ?

12 minutes ago, shiwarrior said:

yours is the Premier iirc ?

I have no idea. One guy at Lexus told me it is a luxury. Another that it is a Sport. They know about Toyota (maybe) but it seems not about Lexus.

No problem for me though. Car is great. We all are happy with it.

• 6 months later...
On 3/6/2021 at 11:36 AM, ColinBarber said:

The ML 13 speaker system was exclusive to the Premier during that period. The F Sport has the standard 6 speaker system as standard, with the option to upgrade to Sat Navigation + 10 speaker audio system.

Hi ColinBarber. Can I recognise a lexus CT (2014 facelift) with the 10 speaker upgrade? Was it only available to premier or to any trim with the sat nav?

Also do you know if seats come with NuLuxe leather as in the USA?

Cheers!

On 9/16/2021 at 11:20 PM, diabolik said:

Can I recognise a lexus CT (2014 facelift) with the 10 speaker upgrade? Was it only available to premier or to any trim with the sat nav?

The 10 speaker system comes with vehicles that have the premium navigation option (remote touch controller and not the rotary controller). The Premier always comes with the 13-speaker ML system.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:20 PM, diabolik said:

Also do you know if seats come with NuLuxe leather as in the USA?

For the facelift models (2014-18) the seats are either cloth or leather, depending on the grade. Tahara (the Lexus UK name for NuLuxe) wasn't an option (it was on certain pre-facelift grades, and also 2019 regrading).

Trying to find out which "Lexury" car you have is confusing.

Pro:

Lexus cars are reliable and accomplished in quite high class

Moonroof (other companies call it sunroof)

Aut. windshield wiper

Aut. braking when too close to car ahead of you

Aut. dimming rear view mirror

Synthetic leather seats with aircon and heat

Electric seat adjustment with memory for 3 persons

Window opening or closing on remote control

Great MarkLevinson audio

Keyless opening and locking without touching the remote, plus light on ground when approaching door (just open the door as if it was unlocked and light is on the ground so you do not need step on dog poop or whatever)

Con:

Ridiculous expensive to update navigations system that is not even really good plus poor infotainment

Overpriced service inspections

Similar to all car companies:

Promised fuel consumption is impossible in normal use of the car

Sure I forgot something.

On 9/18/2021 at 6:52 PM, ColinBarber said:

The 10 speaker system comes with vehicles that have the premium navigation option (remote touch controller and not the rotary controller). The Premier always comes with the 13-speaker ML system.

For the facelift models (2014-18) the seats are either cloth or leather, depending on the grade. Tahara (the Lexus UK name for NuLuxe) wasn't an option (it was on certain pre-facelift grades, and also 2019 regrading).

Thanks Colin! Finally something I can look for! I didn't manage to find that many models with premium nav. Most of them have the basic one. Even the premier spec I find it more frequent than models with premium navigation.

I have also found this. See file attached.

Now I wonder if the piston and piston rings got revised in 2014-2015 as they did in the USA. I believe both cars came from the same Japan plant.

Relevant link: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/MC-10132914-9999.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjCpt_KhIzzAhU2REEAHSRJDy0QFnoECA8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3G1ZvHjp6vCTcNndFdDWC9

Screenshot_2021-09-19-22-43-57-705_com.microsoft.office.officehubrow.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links