Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS220D dash lights.

bongani

I have an IS220D (2007), it loses power occasionally, I changed the fuel filter Because I suspected it as I mistakenly put petrol when I bought it, but had it drained) and had to replace a broken filter housing, at a huge cost (because it is notoriously difficult to change the fuel filter housing on the IS220D). It still loses power occasionally. I now have  VSC and engine lights and a VSC warning light on! I know the EGR valve might need cleaning. Does anyone know where I can get an uprated EGR valve system? I know it might have to come with an upgraded (exhaust) manifold system. I got the Lexus very cheap, and as it is a beautiful car, I want to do it justice, but I won't be robbed by Lexus dealers. Please help guys!!

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by uprated EGR valve system?

If you haven't cleaned your EGR valve, then it is certainly the place to start (they generally need cleaning every 5000 miles).  Thankfully it is much easier than the fuel filter!

Hi,

best chance is EGR valve also clean the to of the manifold when it’s off just use a Hoover while scrapping off the carbon. Also if it’s not been to a dealer if it’s lifetime they released a lot of software update to fix the issue of EGR valve blocking.