Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Watched this, but yet to see if there is any truth or only applies to USA variant.

https://youtu.be/4766Kib7uoU

Two weeks in and yet to drive the Car.  Spare tyre didn't hold air and front tyre flat.  Managed to unscrew the Alan bolt on the plate that covers the Wheel nuts and it was very difficult Must have locktited the bolt.   Rear wouldn't budge and too bally cold to keep trying yesterday, so will have to wait. Once I know the bolts will all remove I'm having the Grandstand Wheels taken away and refurbed whilst the replacements are substituted outside my front door.   Then sell or re-fit?

Most or all of those things work on UK cars. The thing about opening the windows remotely with the key (press and hold unlock button) can be a double edged sword.

Nice party trick and once in a blue moon might be useful, but it is also probably the source of phantom window opening. You go out to the car on a wet morning after a night's rain and all the windows (and sunroof if you've got one) are open - and the car is very wet inside. Probably caused by inadvertently squeezing the key in your pocket or wherever.

There are several reports on here (and the IS250 forum) of this happening.

The facility can be disabled via Techstream.

4 hours ago, johnatg said:

Most or all of those things work on UK cars. The thing about opening the windows remotely with the key (press and hold unlock button) can be a double edged sword.

Nice party trick and once in a blue moon might be useful, but it is also probably the source of phantom window opening. You go out to the car on a wet morning after a night's rain and all the windows (and sunroof if you've got one) are open - and the car is very wet inside. Probably caused by inadvertently squeezing the key in your pocket or wherever.

But holding the lock WILL close everything up on my is250

5 hours ago, markeyszoo said:

But holding the lock WILL close everything up on my is250

In the video he says holding the open button down opens all but you cannot close all by pressing and holding lock. You can on my car!

5 hours ago, johnatg said:

Locking/windows up and unlocking/windows down are two separate functions/settings and can be enabled or disabled independently in Tech stream. 

Locking/windows up is indeed useful

It's shown as a single (up and down) dealer enabled custom option in my handbook. I can't see the benefit of enabling just one direction?

One can (on my 2019 RC) also use the mechanical key to do the same thing, once the setting has been made

On 2/15/2021 at 8:54 AM, johnatg said:

but it is also probably the source of phantom window opening.

Happened to me once, just sadly (or gladly in this case) I didn't have sunroof. However, it was because I didn't program windows after replacing Battery. Strangest thing was that it was middle of the summer, nice weather, went to Tesco and exactly when we got out heavy rain came out from nowhere.. I ran to car and found it will all windows fully opened. Lucky for me it was like that for just 1-2minutes. And incidentally we bought 2 big towels to go to the beach... they came handy wiping rain water from seats.

As for having this option, I used this it mainly in summer - especially with black car/black interior it is nice to open all windows just a minute before getting into the car, although I as well tend to leave windows opened by just few millimetres if I do not expect rain for interior to ventilate a little bit and then double-locking the doors (so that interior latches are disabled).  

19 hours ago, markeyszoo said:

In the video he says holding the open button down opens all but you cannot close all by pressing and holding lock. You can on my car!

Indeed, this worked for both closing and opening on my car. When I had IS with sunroof, same applied to sunroof.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 8:54 AM, johnatg said:

Funny my recent vist to a Lexus Re his computer he added the all windows open feature to the thob. In summertimes I tend to use it when walking up to the car and as you said cool party trick. 

Just now, Riccccccardo said:

Funny my recent vist to a Lexus Re his computer he added the all windows open feature to the thob. In summertimes I tend to use it when walking up to the car and as you said cool party trick. 

But the car does beep when exiting to tell you a window is still open. 

The thing is when you lock the car securely with windows all shut. You go in your house and squeeze the key jn your pocket by sitting down or your kid plays with the key. Next morning you go to the car and all the windows are open. Not so cool then. It happens. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links