Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F-Sport, or not to F-Sport, that is the question?

Emgee44

Hi, I'm considering buying a CT200h (2014-17) and wanted to know whether the F-Sport ride was better compared to a regular CT200h? I've had a short test drive of a 2016 Sport model with the 17" wheels, but I've yet to try the F-Sport, it's my understanding that the rear lateral dampening makes a difference, does it?

The ride in the Sport was firm, just as I had read/heard but wasn't too bad.

Your feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks

On 2/15/2021 at 11:22 AM, Mikemols said:

I had a 2016 F-sport for 3years. Changed the tyres to Michelin Crossclimate soon after I bought the car. It rode and handled very well indeed. 

How long did the Michelin last?

Many reviews here tell that that rubber fall off the tyres starting when they are 10.000km old/young.

i had a set of CC's on my old IS300h i couldn't say how long they lasted as

i didnt wear them out i think i had 17000 miles on them and they still had loads

of life left in them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Many reviews here tell that that rubber fall off the tyres starting when they are 10.000km old/young.

The CC+ have done over 15k miles so far on mine. 5mm left on the front and 6mm on the rear. Not sure you’d need their winter performance though?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, colin79666 said:

The CC+ have done over 15k miles so far on mine. 5mm left on the front and 6mm on the rear. Not sure you’d need their winter performance though?

Correct.

Have had snow here less than 15 days in 15 years. On top of the mountain above 1500m. Below 15 Celsius at night in winter is seldom. Still local people here tell me it is cold. When I came her I had short on all year and now I dress like the locals.

15 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Have done 24000 miles before I change car. Still got about 5mm left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

If it helps, when I was choosing a CT I went for the regular CT then optioned up with the tech & premium pack. In my opinion even the standard CT rides too firmly for a Lexus. However, after 17 months with it I am pleased to report no issues

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links