Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversing camera install

MohMuk

recently my family purchased a 2004 IS200 with sat nav to replace the old civic we had. I installed an aftermarket reversing camera on that and I plan to install it on the IS200. I was wondering if there was a way I could have the camera's feed show up on the factory sat nav display by using a splitter of some sort.

Is this possible or do I need to install a secondary display for the camera to run off?

It is probably a bit of work to do this. The 'easiest' way would be to intercept the video feed coming from the Nav computer in the boot, that way you don't have to run wires all the way to the headunit/screen. That signal is an RGB+sync, I think at 60 Hz.

Several people have replaced the whole nav and audio system with an Android based computer, many of which have reversing camera inputs.

• Like 1

Right, thank you for that I might look into replacing the whole system with a tablet of some form. Is there any chance you could link me some of these forum posts? I've seen a few in the past but all of them are either really old to the point where the pictures don't load up anymore, or don't go into enough detail

There was a us brand Navtool if I well remember that did a plug and play ecu for the is300 (same as 2001 onward  is200 with external amplifier) to reach your goal. I made extensive research on this field for many years. I also made some attempts mixing japan Altezza system with european is200 one. One way could be to fit the japan tv tuner that has a video in plug where to connect the rear camera that could be activated by gearing reverse if I find the way to wire the japan tv tuner to our is200. It's not clear yet if to have it working I need to have a japan screen a japan navigation a japan amplifier or a japan radio head unit or a combination of them. I'm making some tests on it.

https://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=navrgb-tl10

navrgb-tl10.jpg