Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

11 hours ago, Alexander-Lexus said:

Has anybody looked at this Gold one in Hemel Hempstead? £3,000 and has 109,000. Looks clean inside. The MOT history states there’s some major defects in Feb 2020, looks like these were fixed, nothing reported in December 2020; likely a trade in, wonder if they cleaned up any issues or just masked them other with a ‘false’ MOT? Any thoughts? 

My thoughts, based on my experience, are that it does look really nice and clean etc but the MOT advisories below would be a concern to me (even though they are not mentioned on the last MOT). It could have been sorted out or it could have been just masked over (as you say). Only proper way to tell is to get it on ramp and have a really good look/poke round underneath.

Nearside Rear Inner Vehicle structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced (6.1.1 (c) (i))
Offside Rear Inner Vehicle structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced (6.1.1 (c) (i))

2 hours ago, Razor61 said:

.but I can't help looking at LS400's

remember that I'm going thru' some electrical gremlins right now that could be elusive and simply down to age old deterioration and high'ish miles .....  I hope they can be sorted ok BUT with age related stuff, wiring looms etc and a quarter of a century in the making, well, I'm becoming a realist these days :unsure:

Malc

19 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Prices are on the up! Modern classics now!

IIRC There are 4 series of LS400 and 2 marks

Mark 1 Series I 1989-1992 UCF-10

Mark 1 Series II 1993-1994 UCF-10

Mark 2 Series III 1995-1997 UCF-20

Mark 2 Series IV 1998-2000 ( there are a few late 1997 models about) VVTI

CF37CE04-C1F5-4B43-9582-B68E26467DD8.jpeg

Certainly didn't play a part in my decision to purchase but it does look as if this could be the first car I don't lose money on.

6 hours ago, Alexander-Lexus said:

it appears to be making a slightly odd noise when running? - almost like a faint hight pitch squeal? 

Nope. Nothing there as far as I can tell.

Exactly the same colour and spec as mine.

Mine has a couple of daft fails, one was due to the fact the tester couldn’t find the retrofitted rear fog light switch once even though he does the test every year.

Japanese imports Phil...generally so clean you could tip the car on its roof and eat your dinner off the underside 😀

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Mine has a couple of daft fails, one was due to the fact the tester couldn’t find the retrofitted rear fog light switch once even though he does the test every year.

Japanese imports Phil...generally so clean you could tip the car on its roof and eat your dinner off the underside 😀

Yes Steve I have visited those Japanese import sites in fact I have one that regularly informs me of new stock and as you say the examples are spotless every part of the car .The stock of good Lexus LS are getting scarce here in the UK but if a good search is put in they are available from Japan at a price.

I am very fortunate that mine is spotless but I learned a lot from my first LS and put all the rust protection on mine when I first got it at 19k miles and it as never been out in salt.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links