Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty confusion

Poundy

I took the Lexus extended 2 for 1 year warranty when I purchased the car which should expire on the 17th of April according to when I took it out and the documentation I have. 

I have been told by the dealer that it does not expire until the 17th July and is in the Lexus system as such, I contacted the lexus warranty number on the Lexus site who contradicted that and said it was 17th April.

I did get a letter from Lexus several months back saying that the included breakdown service had been extended by 3 months because of covid19 lockdowns but there was no mention of the warranty being extended.

While I welcome the July date I would hate to come up short because it should have been done in April and it seems there is still he says she says going on.

Are there any members with extended warranty able to shed any light on if their warranty period was extended due to covid19??

Thanks

30 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Norman, ask the Lexus Dealer to check again and if he still thinks he`s right, to put it in writing on his Letterheading with a date and signature in ink.

I have left it with a young lady to investigate, said she would be getting back to me but not holding my breath lol!

It seems that Birmingham used to be Vantage but is now Stephen Eagell. Not sure if that is relevant but it appears that all my calls no longer are answered by the dealer branch in Birmingham but are now diverted to various call centres. 

The new future service plan call centre couldn't help with a current service plan query and booking my next service while trying to add additional work proved problematic.

It's a shame because they have always been spot on when I attend the branch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poundy said:

I have left it with a young lady to investigate, said she would be getting back to me but not holding my breath lol!

It seems that Birmingham used to be Vantage but is now Stephen Eagell. Not sure if that is relevant but it appears that all my calls no longer are answered by the dealer branch in Birmingham but are now diverted to various call centres. 

The new future service plan call centre couldn't help with a current service plan query and booking my next service while trying to add additional work proved problematic.

It's a shame because they have always been spot on when I attend the branch.

Hi Norman,

I've been to Lexus Birmingham today to get my Catloc fitted to the CT (mentioned in another post). Molly still works there at the Servicing Dept. She has been there since the previous franchise owners Vantage. She has always been spot on and quick to sort out any queries. Possibly maybe worth a shot calling and asking for her help?🤞🏽

Good luck

Kish

33 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

To my knowledge warranty dates have not been extended, only breakdown cover.

I'd ignore anything your dealer says, Lexus GB or the warranty administrators are the only people who can give you the official status of your warranty.

Yes it's getting them on the same page though, the warranty admins are saying 17th of April but it has to be renewed via the dealers.

The dealers have it in the Lexus group vehicle system as 17th July and keep saying the renewal date will start from then. I know they have in error bundled the warranty in with the extended covid19 breakdown cover and April is the correct renewal date, but now it is all done by remote call centres it is like trying to teach a cat to bark.

I will persevere for the time being then try Customer service next week if no joy. Failing that I will just give the warranty a miss and not renew it, just seems decent value when considering the good Roadside Assist and 2 free Mot's + Mot failure insurance that comes with it.

• Like 1

Well they managed to get it sorted, apparently a glitch in the system adjusted the warranty expiry date to the breakdown cover extension date.

Most have been corrected but a fair few fell through the cracks, so might be worth checking yours.

I was also informed that all calls are now diverted to the head office call centre, mainly because of customer feedback on waiting times at the service desks when in branch because of the service desks constant time spent on incoming calls.

I was told that if I had a need or preference to speak directly to the branch service dept the call centre operator would be happy to put me through to them.

We will see 😁 Pick up and drop off now incurs a £15 fee but is what Jaguar now charge for the service and still leaves me free for the day so well worth it I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links