Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus still advertising IS300h?

7 minutes ago, steveo1973 said:

For the record I said my BMW 3 series had a stage 1 chip not the lexus

Yes that makes sense now.

As well for the record, Lexus price list for 2021 still contains IS:

image.thumb.png.ff7b36201838afc8439f760072715dfe.png

https://media.lexus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/201201M-Lexus-Range-Price-List.pdf

Now this could be used to argue either way, on one hand @ColinBarber is right - base price for IS is £33,265. However, that is little bit pointless as it is not possible to order IS300h in 2021. All non-F-sport cars are actually MY2019 unsold old stock. Any cars made in 2020 are F-Sport, because one could still order brand new F-Sport in early 2020 and F-sport costs as I mentioned £36,965.

The advert advertises particularly F-sport, so that is why I quoted £37k for comparison.  

3 minutes ago, steveo1973 said:

I agree that it is not a performance car yes, it never was suppose to be that's why I think the F sport is a waste of time. But I don't agree with you that it can't keep up with its rivals....it can and I've done it.

And that is fine, I can agree on that, if you noted I said it is ridiculous that they state it is "irresistible performance" and because we both agree it is not performance car, I guess it is indeed ridiculous to state it considering is simply false.

As for keeping-up, I guess that depends on your definition - if you mean just normally driving in traffic, sure power is sufficient for commuting etc. But if you ever at the lights and you have BMW, Audi, MB on your side, there is 99% chance they will be faster than you. Not that I encourage racing from the lights, but just stating the fact IS would be slower, often considerably. 

3 minutes ago, steveo1973 said:

I agree that it is not a performance car yes, it never was suppose to be 

And I think that's the perfect statement to close this thread on. Nobody buys an IS300h thinking it's going to be an M3. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mincey said:

And I think that's the perfect statement to close this thread on. Nobody buys an IS300h thinking it's going to be an M3. 

That was not what this thread was about.... it just got side tracked... 

14 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

And my main questions is - why they advertise the car they no longer make?!

I guess it makes sense if they have a lot of stock of new-old cars still around, but from advert I copied there is no way of understanding that this isn't current model, but rather sale of last remaining stock.

4 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Base model was not available in 2020, you can only order F-sport and ~£37k was the price and that is as well what is advertised in the advert I copied. It is irrelevant what the price was at launch in 2013, because at the time all cars were cheaper.

588 IS300h were sold in 2020, only around 120 of those were F-Sport.

They are advertising because I guess there is still some showroom stock. 5 IS300h have been sold in 2021 to date.

6 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

588 IS300h were sold in 2020, only around 120 of those were F-Sport.

That makes sense, but I assume all non-sports were 2019 cars sold in 2020. Because if you wanted "truly new" car then you could only order F-sport... well at least I believe so based on that in Lexus website you could only select F-Sport. Maybe in dealership it was possible to order different trims.

But that said... how many people actually customise the cars and pay full price, rather than taking car from the floor with some discount.

This just getting more ridiculous... have they even proof-read it or is it auto generated? Clearly they monitor the links, so they know who clicked on the previous e-mail which is rather ingenious, but how is the configurator tool (which is not available for IS anymore) could be useful? As I said what surprises me is that the description implies this is current model you can go, configure and buy, not some last remaining stock of old cars - just bizarre.

Untitawdasfled.thumb.png.2e503bf846f615dd9df87921acca027b.png

Not stopping it seems - they are quite desperate... I generally don't mind that, but read it and think for yourself if it makes sense. First of all they offer extended test drive and say "it can take as long as it needs to", but then they say it is currently suspended 😄 

image.thumb.png.72559840bace45b5b43d48a39d0d95b8.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links