Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Year of engine build

Bondis

Just now, Linas.P said:

Wait is this the reason you bought IS220d? 

You really deserve a trophy for your sense of humour now! That is actually half of the reason. The other half is blanking the egr, removing the dpf and the catalytic converters, giving a good burnout and dumping the tyres in the bushes 😉

14 minutes ago, nicnac said:

I recommend 50k ............... £50 if you do it yourself ............but 100K if you are a cheapskate !....... and 185K if you are broke or a skinflint !

As far as I am concerned, there were no issues all the way to 188k... when we removed the sump at 193k the AT fluid was basically brown and disgusting, but hey - chocolate is brown as well!

Replaced the the fluid and car drives like new, no error codes either. Checked the magnets on the sump and they barely had metal dust... as far as I am concerned now the car is good to go until 300k.

3 minutes ago, Bondis said:

You really deserve a trophy for your sense of humour now! That is actually half of the reason. The other half is blanking the egr, removing the dpf and the catalytic converters, giving a good burnout and dumping the tyres in the bushes 😉

Just don't forget to leave the car there as well!

5 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

As far as I am concerned, there were no issues all the way to 188k... when we removed the sump at 193k the AT fluid was basically brown and disgusting, but hey - chocolate is brown as well!

Replaced the the fluid and car drives like new. Checked the magnets on the sump and they barely had metal dust... as far as I am concerned now the car is good to go until 300k  

Just don't forget to leave the car there as well!

Will do so when I get the LX450d to remove the DPF and EGR as well mate.

39 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

good luck on your mission ruining the environment, just be careful not to be caught in the forest with your pans down 👍

will he be doing oil changes as well in the forest?  naughty 

1 hour ago, Bondis said:

20210222_111336.jpg

20210222_111343.jpg

IMG-20210222-WA0004.jpg

Well, this thread kind of went sideways, didn't it? 🙂

And why I am not surprised that Linas is involved?😉

Thanks for the pictures, very interesting.  It doesn't actually look that bad so I am surprised.  How many miles on the car?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Well, this thread kind of went sideways, didn't it? 🙂

And why I am not surprised that Linas is involved?😉

Thanks for the pictures, very interesting.  It doesn't actually look that bad so I am surprised.  How many miles on the car?

Just over 60k

11 hours ago, nicnac said:

will he be doing oil changes as well in the forest?  naughty 

just more efficient, do it in the forest leave it in the forest.

10 hours ago, Shahpor said:

And why I am not surprised that Linas is involved?

I have to keep up the standards, are we now going to say it is ok to remove DPF? What is next pictures and detailed instructions (not like it is difficult to weld pipe but still).

6 hours ago, Bondis said:

Just over 60k

Makes sense then as that isn't many miles.  Still, I am sure it will help since it does look a little clogged.

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I have to keep up the standards, are we now going to say it is ok to remove DPF? What is next pictures and detailed instructions (not like it is difficult to weld pipe but still).

Tis was more of a joke Linas 🙂  You know me, I am always happy to have a chat with you on this forum, but one thing I will say is that I have found it is rare to change anyone's mind on here, so once you have said your piece then the rest is probably just a waste of time.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links